Sunday, June 22, 2008

Family Reunion

We had the "Cheney Reunion" this weekend. It was up in Idaho, by Burley. It was at a campground called NAT-SOO-PAH. It is a nice campground with a pool too. It was my mom's side of the family. We are actually pretty close. I know all of my grandpa's sisters and brother, and their kids, and their kids. I don't know how it all works, but Sage met some of her third cousins? That is quite the geneology. It was only me, Sage, my Mom, my Dad, Lesli (sister), Caden (my brothers little boy, they were unable to make it due to them having a new little baby, Olivia that same day), and 2 dogs. I met them in Burley to visit my Grandpa Mendenhall, my dad's dad, who is in an assisted living home. I haven't seen him in a while. It was good to visit him. Although he has a poor attitude about where he lives. He was pretty funny!! We then went to the campsite. We only stayed one night, and had a ton of stuff. Sage loves camping. She loves the tent, and big mattress. She slept great. As for me, I was so worried about her, and the wind was blowing like crazy. I did not get much sleep. It was fun to see everyone again. We only have this reunion every 2 years, so everyone has changed a little, have new kids, etc. It's fun to catch up again. We had some good times when we were younger.




Sage and one of her third cousins. It's my mom's cousins, daughters little boy. Did you get that?


Les and I.



Les and Sage.


My Mom and Dad's tent. Seriously we thought it was going to blow over in the wind.

Sage and Grandma Cheney.

Sage and Grandpa Mendenhall.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I'm so sad I missed it. It looks like you had fun though. And the picture with sage and grandpa is priceless... it brought some tears to my eyes :-)

Starla said...

I am glad that you guys had fun! We were sad to miss it (Ryan had his annual work party) so we weren't able to go. Hope to see you guys soon! P.S. Your hair is so cute, I love it!

Hillary Corpuz said...

well, that's it. we need to go camping. with a pool, and grass. how nice is that? We should find a campground like that nearer us and do a 3 or 4 day weekend every... oh I don't know, July??

Thanks for coming last night, Sager the Rager is so stinking cute, I can't get enough of her. I am glad she sort of stands up to Ella and her "mine" phase..