Monday, September 22, 2008

Most Amazingly Talented Husband Award....

Goes to Cam!!!
So we got a new king bed, thanks to Ty and Liza (Cam's brother and his wife). When we put it up, we decided it needed a head board. Liza had mentioned the "built to the wall" ones before, so Cam did a little research, and decided to just build his own. He is very crafty. So we headed to Home Depot, he bought tons and tons of wood. I had a hard time pictureing it in my head, so I just went along with it. He started the next day, and with in two days, I had a beautiful head board. I never imagined it would turn out so nice. He is amazing, and I love it.


This is the beginning....


Putting up the bead board.


His little helper, or maybe she just kept getting in the way. He was using a chisel to get some of the base board out, so of course, she grabbed the smaller one and starting using a pencil to pound the top of the chisel. She is such a copy cat. She couldn't find a hammer like her dads.


About 1/2 done.



Painting.... don't let this fool you. I actually picked up a paint brush and did help a little.


Finished product.


Side view. I love it. He did an awesome job!!

13 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

That looks amazing---Kudos to you Cam!!! It's kinda fun to do your own projects once in a while, but it sure is a lot easier to go buy them!! Love you guyz...

Emily said...

I am so impressed. That looks so great!

Lesli said...

Mich I love the new bed!! little sage is so grown up and that grin on her face, completely says i'm a little beast but everyone loves me! ha ha I miss her! I love you guys and hope to see you soon!

Rasmussens said...

I love it! I really want to come and see it. Cam is awesome. I really miss you guys. I feel like it has been forever since I have seen you. When I get back, we will go do lunch.

Anneliese said...

michelle -- i'm kind of new to this blooging stuff and trying to figure it out, but i did find you through a bunch of other blogging websites.. i heard (from ben) you'd had a baby and was hoping to run into you one of these times i was in rexburg for the holidays but i don't seem to see anyone anymore - except franz's. you're little sage is soooooo darling!! how are you and where are you?? i would love to hear from you. Anneliese

Ashton & Co. said...

Wow! I have scene those before, but i think yours is by far the prettiest! Good job, and probably a little cheaper than buying an entire bed just for the head board!

Meg said...

That looks awesome!!! WAY TO GO CAM!! I see Belle didn't take long to make herself at home..

Olive the Gores said...

You want to come to New York and make me one...my husband can build a house but ask him to do anything like that and he acts clueless! I secertly think he hates it when I ask him to do stuff like that because he would be busy all the time! GREAT JOB Cam!!

The Mendenhall's said...

I love the bed! I told Mike to call Cam and learn how to make one for us! It is such a good idea. can't wait to see you guys again soon!

Anonymous said...

Sage is getting so big! And I commend Cam...the headboard is AWESOME! I hope everything is going well!!

Natalie said...

That looks so awesome! I wish my husband was more handy. He is SO not handy. I think that's why he became a Dr... so someday he can either just buy it or have someone else do it for him.

Sage is so dang cute! She gets cuter and cuter as she grows.

The Rasmussen Family said...

can I hire him? Wow! Move over Ty Pennigton- there is a new handy man around!

Ashley Mullen said...

That is super cute! Sage is super cute.