Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This is what makes me happy......

Sage taking Belle for a walk in the wagon.

Sage stealing her Dad's "coke" (Diet Mt. Dew), cause she is thirsty.


My big blue eyed baby!


Sage thinking she is smiling so pretty for the camera, when really she looks like a joker!


My girls laying together! And Sage making Reese laugh!


Reese playing with her toes, and talking to me! When did she start getting big?


Sage dancing in the kitchen while I make dinner, and bringing me a flower, because I'm her "best friend."


Sage giving Reese a flower, because she is her "best friend."


These pictures make my life seem absolutely perfect, right? But here is my secret...... it is far from it! I was so down last week. It was one of those weeks were the world was against me! Nothing was going my way. NOTHING. Well that's what I thought anyways! And poor Cam, he's the one that has to deal with it. I found myself wanting a bigger house, because I don't have tons of storage room. I wanted a break from the girls. I wanted to go to dinner and a movie with my friends. I took Reese to the movie with me, but ended up in the hall for half the movie, and didn't go to dinner. I wanted Cam's appraisal business to pick back up. I wanted Cam to love me as much as he loves golf. :) I wanted to lose the last of this dang baby weight. I could go on, but I don't want to sound that negative! :) I just had a bad week!

Then the weekend finally came.

We had a neighborhood yard sale. The weather was so so nice. Sage's little friend Addi turned 4.

She had a birthday party with a jump house. The kids laughed and laughed, while we all sat in the sun drinking the yummiest punch. The little girls did makeovers on each other. I finally got some sun on my face.

I went through the pictures on the camera, and I realized......

It's Sage dancing in the kitchen and bringing me flowers (dandelions), it's Reese smiling at me like I am the most important person in her life, it's Cam coming home telling me he loves me and how well he golfed and telling Sage they will go hit balls tomorrow, it's drinking punch in the sun with friends.
Sometimes things just have to be put back in perspective, and I realize my life is perfect.
There are always going to be crappy days, that's a given, but there are so many more good days than bad, and that is what makes me happy!!

6 comments:

{natalie} said...

you hid your bad week well, i had no idea.

i hate when things like that get me down, i'm always saying i want to move or i want a bigger yard, etc. it is hard to enjoy the moment sometimes. but life is good (for the most part!) ps i totally hear ya on the golf.....

and let's have more punch!

and just send the girls over here anytime, you know ethan can handle it!

dan and audrey said...

oh man! i hate weeks like that. your girls are beautiful and i'm sure get to you sometimes but just remember that you are the funnest, coolest, prettiest person in the whole wide world to them! and that's what gets me through the bad days! :)

Rasmussens said...

I wish you would have called me. I wish you would have left little miss Reese with me also. Love you and thanks for coming to Andrews game.

Ashton & Co. said...

What a sweet post. Being a mom is so hard and rewarding all at the s me time!!! Cute pics!

BrentinRexburg said...

I love you Shell. You know I just knew in my heart you were having a bad day, weird. But thats what moms do. You girls just need to come home for a lazy week end. Miss you. Love mom

Hillary Corpuz said...

Michelle, I just love you so much. Being a Mother is the hardest thing, and the best thing. Grandma B always said, when you get down, look at those little faces and it will bring you to your knees. When I think I am worthless it's always their little notes, their kind words that bring me back around.