Sunday, October 3, 2010

California and Disneyland

Family Vacation 2010. Awesome!
We went with the Cisneros Family to California for a week. Sage called it Faligornia and she could not have been more excited. We left little Reese behind, but she was in good hands at her Grandma Su's and Grandpa Brent's. She was missed most days!! We went with Mel & Ruth, Jarod, Hillary, Gavin, Soraya, Caitlee & Ella, Colton & Kaylee and Us. We spent two days in Disneyland and California Adventure. The rest of the time was spent in the sun, either at the beach or the pools. And of course there was some shopping and lots of eating.

So here we go:

Nana Ruth and Sage on the shuttle to the airport.

Mom and Sage on the airplane. The flight was great. Sage loved flying and made traveling very easy. The flight attendant loved her and kept giving her pretzels, because Sage said they were her favorite.
We stayed in New Port at the Marriott Villas. They were beautiful. They had 3 amazing pools, activity center for kids, a great view and more. Sage, Ella, and Caitlee went down one morning to make playdoh. They thought it was fun.
Cam and Sage sleeping after playing at the pool for hours.
We did some shopping at an outlet mall. We were trying on sunglasses, and Sage showed me her gangsta moves that I didn't even know she had. She is so funny.

She loved these flowers that were everywhere. They look like cute little birds. She wanted to give them kisses.

First Day of Disneyland. Sage loved it. Everything was decorated for Fall/Halloween. Sage was so excited to see the Princesses. She was not to thrilled about anything that in her eyes are "scary". She only wanted to ride "kid rides". She was so concerned about the pirates in "Pirates of the Carribean" were going to jump in our boat. She decided Dumbo, the Tea Cups, It's a Small World, etc. were here kind of rides.
We never even made it over California Adventure the first day. That would have to wait until the next day. Oh, did I mention the day we were there it was record breaking temperatures. It was well over 100 degrees. It was so so so hot!!



We saw Cruella Deville right as we were walking in. Sage wanted to say Hi. She was obviously in a hurry and had a worker with her who was hurrying her along. Well- she stopped at Sage, took her hand, and in her snooty accent said, "Well Darling, I don't have much time, but we can chat as we walk." It was pretty cute.

Princess Tiana.
She loved Eyore. She gave him the biggest hug.
Tigger, not so much. He was a little out of control. She wasn't digging it.
She was a little afraid of Jesse too. Any character with a big plastic head was too much for her. She wasn't too fond of Mickey Mouse either. Kind of funny. If I wasn't in this picture, it would have been so cute. The two of them "talking".
Sage was in Heaven meeting the Princesses. It really was the "Happiest Place on Earth" for her. She loved talking to them. She kept asking them where their Prince was? It was cute. Everytime I asked her who her favorite one was, it would change. She loved them all.
Princess Belle.
Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty).
Princess Jasmine.
Princess Snow White.
Princess Cinderella.
This is her face in awe. She loved "It's a small world."

Cam and Sage on the tea cups.
Michelle and Sage on the tea cups. Don't mind the greasy, shiny face, and the flat/frizzy hair. Don't forget it was record breaking temperatures.

This is before we even left the parking lot at the park. She was exhausted.

The Beach.
Like mother, like daughter. She was not really fond of the ocean. She would much rather hang out on the beach. My kind of girl.


This was on the balcony at our condos. Cam and Sage goofing off.

Next day at the beach.
She would make a dang cute surfer girl.


Some cute beach babes. Ella, Sage, Caitlee, and Soraya.
The waves this day were huge. It was crazy. Some were at least 8 feet high. They were all crashing on the sure. I had never seen anything like it.
Sage's little footprint. I thought the picture was cute.




2nd Day of Disneyland and California Adventure.
Chip and Dale.
Bugs Life. Bumper Cars.

We finally went on a "big kid" ride. Tower of Terror is one of my favorites. I could go over and over. I love it.
I don't really remember the name of this ride. It was a water rafting ride. Nana Ruth hung out with Sage while we went on it.
The Fairies.
Sage was showing me her mean fairy face while we waited in line, then she got all embarrassed.
Tinker Bell and Vidia.
Of course, we went to the Princesses again.

She waited all week to see Ariel...... and finally we did! It made her trip.

Sure enough.... more teacups.
That about wraps up our vacation. It was the best. We owe Mel & Ruth a huge Thank You! I loved our first family vacation together. We missed Reese and can't wait for the next vacation that she can come on. Thanks to Brent & Su for watching her.

2 comments:

Lesli said...

I honestly have to tell you that I cried. ha ha I don't know why... I just love you guys and miss you! Sager is so big and she looked so happy with all those princesses! LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Marcy Cheney said...

Cam looked so happy (NOT!) on those teacups...lol!! It really sounds like y'all had a great vacation and I bet little Reese got lots of lovin' at G&G Mendenhalls house. Love you guys