We went to Idaho for Thanksgiving this year. Good times, good food, good company. We were all able to come home this year. It was great to be with everyone again. I love when all my siblings are together. I even love the drama. And yes, there is plenty of drama.
The boys started Thanksgiving day with a little football. They all made it home in one piece. I think Brent was the only one with an injury. He injured his knee. I'm blaming it on old age!!
Les and Shay setting the table and folding napkins.
I was in charge of the turkey. It turned out beautiful. Ha ha. I have never cooked a turkey in my life and I really don't ever plan on it! Seems like too much work!
Megs doing what she did best. NOTHING!! Ha ha again. Don't be mad Meg!! She was taking care of little June.
Mom and Dad doing finishing touches!
This was the only time I saw Megan work, and all she did was stir some gravy. It's a good thing she had the excuse of being pregnant!!
The Master Chef!
Grandma and Grandpa Cheney. So nice to have them here with us.
Reese just thrilled to be here! Tough crowd. She could have at least pretended to have a good time.
The food... turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, veggies, jello salad, pomegranate salad, cabbage salad, corn, yams, rolls. Delish!
WHAT??? Cam and Mike doing dishes? Thanks for the help guys!
Cute little baby June.
FYI: Su used to be a professional bowler. Those are her own personal shoes and her own personal ball.
FYI: I think she scored the lowest score!! :)
That same night we did a little Black Friday shopping. We went to Walmart around 9:00 pm. Cam and Mike even came with us. They had never done Black Friday before, and needless to say, I don't think they will be doing it ever again. We came back home, put kids to bed, then went down to Idaho Falls to continue shopping. We were going to go to Target, but the line was crazy long, so we went over to Kohls. The store was not too crazy, but the line to pay was. So we would take turns waiting in line, while the others shopped.
As we were shopping, I started to not feel so good. I had been feeling a cold coming on all day, but while in Kohls, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I had the chills and my body ached so bad. I could not get warm. The girls kept giving me their coats. They were so nice. I don't think I have ever had the flu like that, ever!! So my mom took me to the car, sat in there with me, turned the heater full blast, and I slept for about and hour while they waited in line with all my stuff. I went back as they were ready to pay!! Such a good mom and sisters!! We went home after that, slept, and went back to Idaho Falls the next day to finish shopping.
I loved it, except feeling sick!!
That evening, Rexburg put on a little Christmas celebration at the park. It was fun. There was face painting, chili, cookies and hot cocoa, Santa, sleigh rides, music, and fireworks. A great kick off to the holidays!!
Just a random picture of Reese and June. June makes Reese look so big!! I don't really want her to grow up. Makes me a little sad, but not sad enough to have another one!!
Thanksgiving was wonderful! I was reminded at how thankful I am for my Family!! Family is everything. Without them, I would have nothing! I am thankful for the Gospel and my Savior, Jesus Christ. With those few things, everything else somehow seems to fall into place.
No comments:
Post a Comment