California or bust!!
We decided to head to California (New Port) with Mel and Ruth for a week! I'm so glad we did! It was just what we needed. Family bonding time is the best.
We left early Saturday morning.
Riding the bus/van from the park & ride to the airport.
I sat with Sage on the plane. She's the best travel buddy. She plugs in her headphones and zones out.
Cam sat with Reese. Lucky him! That kid is soooo loud. She must get it from her mom. She did not stop talking the entire way. I even had headphones on and could still hear her. I looked over at one point and she had her dog all dressed up on the tray. (That was after she spilt her crayons all over the floor)! I just gave Cam a thumbs up!!
At one point I looked over and she was pretending to throw up in a barf bag. She kills me. Everyone should have a Reese!!!
We arrived to sunny California. Yay!!! Long Beach is the cutest little airport. I always like flying in there.
Daddy's girl. I never hear him complain about it!! :)
While we were waiting for our rental car, I was snapping photos for the blog. It's just such a cute, little airport. And it was soooo warm.
We got the car and headed to New Port. We couldn't check in for a couple of hours, so we grabbed our suit to hang out at the pool!! I was loving the sun and laying out!
Miss Sage is growing up WAY to fast and I don't like it. She kept stealing my glasses and "laying out". I adore her so much.
We were reading over the agenda for the week. New Port Villas has all sorts of activities for kids. All day long. It's pretty fun. We were deciding what the girls wanted to do! They had "spooky floats" while we were at the pool. Cam was all over that. I introduced Sage to a coke float. She was loving it.
We finally checked in. Our view from our room. The golf course and the endless ocean. I knew I would never want to leave. We went and did some grocery shopping and just hung out. 

Sunday we hung out at the pool all day and listened to LDS General Conference. I'm always grateful to hear our prophet and apostles speak. It always reminds me of what's important and puts life back into perspective.
Monday we kicked off our vacation at Lego Land. Cam was stocked to go.
Lego Land was ok. It was more of a glorified Lagoon. The girls loved it. I thought the lines were forever long. It was fun and I'm glad we went, but we probably won't be going back!!
Lego friends. Sage was so excited to get lots of new Lego friends while we were there.
We met up with some family friends of the Cisneros'. Cam met Yuko on his mission. She lived with the Cisneros family for a while. Her family lives in San Diego now. They met up with us at Lego Land. Such cute girls. Sage and Sakira hit it right off.
So you can trade all sorts of Lego people through out the park. This guy was super happy to help us. The girls c!pame home with lots of cute new characters. Lots of boys to hang out with their Lego girls. :)
We were waiting in line and Reese was playing with this gate thing and pinched her thumb. It made a little blood blister and looked sore. She doesn't handle pain well. I'm sure glad she didn't let it ruin her trip. Haha.
Our first ride. Story tale land. We were in line FOREVER.
Reese driving a Lego car.
Sage wanted her picture with every Lego character in the park. And there were a lot. I'll admit... They were pretty cool!
Mel and Ruth.
Best in laws ever. Hands down. The girls love them. So do I.
I always love when I catch these two loving each other. Sage is such a great big sister. She is pretty protective of Reese and I love it.
After the park, which closed at 5, (waaaay to early) we went to Miguel's for dinner. We were so hungry.. It was delicious. Really good chips ans salsa.
Tuesday we went to the pool and then decided to go over to Laguna Beach. We stopped at a candy
store first and spent like $50 bucks in candy. I wasn't super surprised. Hahaha.
The ocean was great. The waves were huge and crashing down hard. Reese was super scared. She liked just playing in the sand.
Cam and Sage played in the ocean forever!!
These two have such a special bond. Sage loves Cam. It's cute to watch them together.
She loved this dolphin. I really liked when she tried to kiss it. So cute.
They days started flying by. I didn't like it. I wanted it to slow down.
The girls went to a pillow making class. After we stopped to play air hockey. They love air hockey.
These are the cute Halloween pillows they made.
These two. And how cute are Reese's shoes?
We went to the outlet stores after dinner ans Lego Land. She found these high tops and wanted them. She tried them on and I as sold. They're so cute on her.
More swimming!
If we weren't at an amusement park or beach, we were at the pool. The weather was perfect.
Sage is really improving with her swimming too. She will no longer wear a life jacket or floaties. She loves swimming across the pool and diving for her fish. Swimming with her is pretty fun.
We ate our shakes and fries while looking over/watching the ocean. It was perfect.
We went down to the beach. I loved the little shops along the way.
Reese saw people writing in the sand ans wrote her own name. She wanted a picture.
She's the best. Again, everyone needs a Reese!!
Mel and Ruthie
This picture will be hanging on our wall.
Sisters.
I almost get chocked up when I look at it. I have soooo much love for these two.
Thursday was Disneyland.
Oh man! I have a love/hate relationship with Disneyland. It sooo expensive, but for some reason seems worth every penny. There is just something about it.
I loved this plaque as we walked in.
Yay for everything been decorated for Halloween.
We started in California Adventure. (We were trying to get both parks in on day)! Yes, it's semi-crazy.
Cam, Sage, Mel and Ruth went on the cars ride. Reese is too small, so I waited with her.
Then we went again. We used the single rider line (much shorter). Little Sage was a trooper and even rode alone.
More rides.
Cam ans Ruth matched the ride colors :)
This was one of Reese's favorite rides. She loved Bug's Life land.
The girls met Flick.
This kid was using a wheelchair and fake leg brace to get to the front of lines. Super lame.
Reese and I met Princess Sophia while we waited for them.
Then, while we went on Soarin' California, where Sage rode alone again...
Reese met Oswald. He existed before Mickey did. Rare character to find in Disneyland!!
Minnie!!Pluto!!!
These guys went on space mountain... While Reese and I rode bogus rides, that she loved :)
Reese was mesmerized by small world. She missed this ride last year because she was so sick. I was glad she finally was able to see it. It's one of my favorites.
Mickey. Reese was sound asleep.
We had a successful Disney trip. We packed in a full days worth of rides, corn dogs, characters, churros, popcorn, souvenirs, etc. We loved it. (I did have to,promise Ca. We wouldn't be back for 5 years)!! We'll see?!?!
Friday, we slept in, and had an all day pool day. It was very relaxing! Just what we needed after Disney!!
That night we went to Balboa Island and had some amazing pizza!
I was so sad our vacation was coming to an end. Time to start planning the next one. :)
Headed to our terminal. They came home with way more than they came with.
Getting on the plane.
See ya Cali. It was a blast.
These two sat together on the plane. They were so good. I loved when they started reading the safety guide!! Haha.
It was good to be home and see Belle. We missed her.
We will miss California, the beach, the sun, this pool, Disneyland.....
But we'll be back :)














































































2 comments:
I have read and re-read this over and over again! It just looked like such a fun trip!! Love you!!
your trip looks like so much fun! i am super jealous of all the pool and beach time. and lego land and disney too. i bet the girls loved all the lego friend crap!!
i wish we could live in CA and spend our afternoons at the beach!
Post a Comment