
I don't keep a journal, so this is basically all I have to write down what I am thinking about. I guess a blog is more for myself more than anything.
I am just thankful to have had President Hinckley as a prophet. I am sad to think my kids will not have known him. He was an incredible man. I think back to firesides or confrences, and realize I gained so much from him. I am thankful for his example, his love for the gospel, his sense of humor, his love for the youth, his compassion, this list goes on. I know the next prophet of the church will be wonderful too, but President Hinckley will be missed. I remember grudgingly (i wish this had spell check) taking out all of my earrings, except the one hole on each ear, after his fireside. I quit holding a grudge after a few days. :) I remember him talking to the youth, and telling us how amazing we were, and how strong we were, and great things were expected of us. I remember his "BE's." He helped the church grow to such large numbers, and more than doubled our temples. He was amazing, and I'm sure we all feel the same way-- lucky to have lived in a time when President Gordon B. Hinckely was our Prophet of the LDS Church.
2 comments:
What a great post! I don't keep a journal either so my blog helps me write down my feelings! :) He will be so missed! :)
Wow, I think you put into words what so many people feel...including me...it really touched me...thank you!
PS
And wow, your blog is awesome!
Michelle Kemp
Post a Comment