I am kind of glad this week has come to an end. It was a long week, but fun at the same time.
On Tuesday, I babysat my bosses kids. 4 kids, 5 including Sage. I repeat... 5 kids. Back in the day when I was young, I never really liked babysitting. It just wasn't my "cup of tea." Well being the good employee I am, when my boss asked me to watch his kids, of course, I said yes!! Him and his wife were going on a cruise. So from Tuesday to Friday, I packed up Sage and I and moved into their house. The youngest, Alex is 2, Caden is 4, Brad is 6 and Haley is 8. The two older kids are in school all day, but the two younger boys are home all day, and they are very busy!!! One minute they are best friends, the next minute they are worst enemies. We played a lot of cowboys, and for some reason, I was always the horse being tied up.
Cam came to help out after he was done with work, then he would go home after all the kids were in bed. We attempted to take them to dinner one night. Big mistake- after spilled rootbeer all over the youngest, tantrums because the girl toy was mixed up in the wrong happy meal, and fighting over what kind of ice cream we were going to eat, I was ready to get them home and in bed.
All in all, it was an OK week. I enjoyed being there, and playing "mom" for a few days. They even told me when I was leaving that they want me to babysit all the time. We'll see about that! It just reconfirmed my decision to stick to 2 or 3 kids at the most!
After leaving their house, we went down to St. George to meet some friends for the weekend. That was nice. The weather was 55-60 degrees. I loved it. We met our friends Cache and Burgundy down there. They have an adorable little girl, Ava, who is 2. Cam and Cache played golf, while Burgundy and I watched the girls, and relaxed in the sun. I was even able to go for a run outside. I haven't been able to do that in a while, and it felt so good. We also shopped and ate a lot. The weekend went way to fast, but it was very fun.
This is Sage and Ava is St. George
I am excited to be home, in my own house, my own bed, and not have to live out of a suitcase for a while.
5 comments:
Sounds like you need a break to paint, make stickers and shoot the breeze...I would love to have a crafting buddy when you have fully recovered! I bet you were the cutest little horse being tied up! You are such a good sport, I would have hid from them! Let me know when you are up for coming over :)
Michelle... just reading that makes me need a nap! You are a brave girl to take on that challenge! I could never have 5 kids. I agree, 2 for us! People always ask us if we're having more... absolutely not! Good news is that now taking care your one will feel like a cake walk!
Sages hair is getting long, its all pointy!! Cute! Come on now, you said 4 kids. You promised! Lol.. just kidding. it's totally different when they are your own kids. Cam is coming up tomorrow to Help Jared with the bathroom, send PJ's so Sage can take a bath with Ella.
So Fun! I Love St. George! Can I tell you a fun and yet sad secret!? Trevor got a job there and we are moving! So sad to leave you! You will have to come visit alot! :) Let do something before we leave.
I don't think I am too excited that you said it wasn't easy watching 5 kids. I am watching my brother's kids for 8 days and that will mean I have 6 kids. AH!! At least I get a free trip to Utah!!! Hopefully we can see each other.
Post a Comment