My mom, her dog, Izzy, and Shay.
My Dad, and little Olivia (my newest niece).
Sage and Caden holding hands to go to the slide. So very cute.
My Dad and his new presidency, and Elder Oaks. I can't remember the other guys names.
Uncle Mike reading "memo" to Sage and Caden.
Sage, Caden and Grandma playing in the Sandbox. It took me a while to get Sage in there. Thanks to Grandma, she finally got in. She is so prissy, and hates getting dirty. I was proud of her.
Sage climbing the ladder to go down the slide. Monday morning, I was in the shower, Sage was just playing. Well, when I got out to check on her, she was no where in sight. The dogs had been playing outside so the back door was open. She had made her way outside to the swingset, up the ladder, to go down the slide. She is becoming too independent. Kind of Scary.
Sage on the swing.
Sage following Caden through the tunnel.
Sage jumping on the tramp.
Caden and Sage on the tire swing.
I spent the weekend up in Idaho. I absolutely love going home and spending time with family. Cam stayed here in Utah, so it was just Sage and I. We went up on Wed. afternoon. I love the fall time up there. I don't know what it is, but I just love it. Thursday my sister, Lesli, my sister-in-law, Shay, and my mom had a Scentsy party. It was fun, and my mom made the best wassil ever. Oh, it was delicious. If you want the recipe let me know. That night we played "hand and foot." It's our new favorite card game. I lose everytime, but am still addicted. Friday, we went shopping. My parents are re-modeling their house, so we went to this amazing furniture store/antique store. You wouldn't believe the treasures you could find in their. I didn't think we would ever get my dad out. I should have taken pictures. It was pretty cool. Again, that night we played more "hand and foot." Saturday, my dad had church meetings in the morning. He was the 2nd counselor in a Stake Presidency up on the BYU Idaho campus. It was their Stake Conference, and the Presidency was getting released on Sunday. He was pretty sad. He came home that afternoon, only to get a phone call to come back up to the campus for an interview.
He was called to be the new Stake President. Elder Oaks was here for the conference and interviewed him. He was a little overwhelmed. So I went to the Saturday session with my mom that night. Thanks Les and Dan for watching Sage. Sunday, we went to the Stake Conference. My dad got released, then sustained. We met after for the setting apart, and were able to meet Elder Oaks. It was cool. I was glad I was there to be a part of that. I have an amazing Dad. So finally after we ate, it was later than I thought, and decided to spend one more night, and come home Monday. We played outside for a little bit. It was a beautiful evening. Sage and Caden were so cute together. Sage is way more daring around him. There was no way she was going to let him do something better than her. They were very cute. We played more "hand and foot."
I drove home Monday. I loved the weekend, and thanks Mom and Dad for everything!!!
5 comments:
That is SO neat for your dad! I know your mom will miss him at church, though, she has made a few comments lately about how excited she was to finally get him back! :) What a neat guy- congrats to him! What fun pics of you guys at the pumpkin patch and at Gardner's Village. I wish I was closer to Utah! Sage is such a doll- all the pics of her she is SO cute! You need to have 10 more Menthol! :) Hope all is well. Maybe next time you come up we can meet up! By the way, I also love scentsy's! It's nice to know you sell them...good luck!
Love reading your blogs and seeing the pics of your family. Sounds like you had a good time in Idaho and that is really neat for your Dad to get that calling. He really is an amazing man (don't tell him tho, it might make his head swell!). I'd love to learn the hand/foot game-never really heard of it before. Have a good Fall...Love you guyz...
What cute pictures! WAy to go Sage on the ladder!! That is hard! I miss that girl (and you of course) So much! :)
Could Caden and Sage be any cuter!! I bet you had so much fun...Glad you got to go home for so long! Sage is growing up so fast!
I was so glad you were able to come up. It was a great weekend!
Post a Comment