Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

We went out the Saturday after Thanksgiving for our traditional Christmas Tree hunt. We went up in the mountains, and cut down our tree. Zach, Cam's cousin went with us. It was great, except the lack of snow!!! When is it going to snow????? Sage really did not enjoy the adventure. The terrain was a little rough. She did not think that was cool. Belle on the other hand, loved it. She was running all over the place. We pulled out about 20 stickers, and are still finding some. Our Christmas tree is very tall! I could not put on a lot of the big ornaments, because they would pull the branches way down, but it is very pretty, and Sage loves it. She keeps looking at it, saying, "Oh," and "Preey" (pretty).


Cam and Sage hiking up the hill.


Me, Sage, and Belle. I had to hold Belle. She kept wanting to go explore. Also, she has gotten so fat, her little orange jacket no longer fits. I can't do up the last button.



Zach carrying down his tree.

That is our tree. Seriously.... What were we thinking? Look how tall that thing is!!

The finished product.


Sage admiring the tree. She thinks it's pretty amazing. I am so excited for Christmas with her. She already loves everything about the holidays.










7 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

What cute pics and a fun tradition to go and actually cut down your own tree. It always looks like you guys are having so much fun!

Kelly said...

Wow that looks so fun! i have always wanted to cut down my own christmas tree. Sage is so adorable, i cant believe how old she is getting. you guys are such a cute family

Jen said...

You have such a cute family!

That really is a nice looking tree for cutting it yourself. Ours always end up being much bigget than anticipated and taking up half the living room! Cute stocking hanger...I may just have to steal that idea :)

Hillary Corpuz said...

I LOVE IT!! So cute.. your tree turned out great!

Marcy Cheney said...

I remember cutting down trees at Christmas with Tom & Cindy when we all lived in Wyoming and it was so much fun! Jarod and Lindsey always go to her Moms' in NC and cut trees and this year they cut one for us and showed up with it on our doorstep---how sweet was that?? Hope y'all have a wonderful holiday season.

Heather and Trevor said...

Go Griswold family! I love that you go do that! How fun! I totally have the same scrapbook kit that you used! I love it! Cute new layout! Seriously miss you guys! :)

The Rasmussen Family said...

that picture on the bottom is awesome! I love it! Also, what a cute stocking hanger...:)

Glad you are home safe!