Wednesday, February 25, 2009

30.........really?

Most of the time I really lookd forward to Birthdays. I love the balloons, the cake, the presents, the all day attention, etc. Come on, you all know you do too! Well, as February 24th came creeping up, I was definately not looking forward to my birthday. Honestly, I really wasn't. I had a lot running through my mind. Stupid things like, where has the time gone, when did this backfat decide to stay attached to my back, and why do I have to work out twice as hard to even attempt to get it to go away, when did I have to give up eating a bowl of icecream before bed every night, (probally when the back fat didn't go away), and I can no longer eat a package of E.L. Fudge coookies all on my own, where did these wrinkles come from, the ones when I smile, and the ones around my eyes? The list could go on and on and on. Then as the big day finally came, it was rough, but my dad sent me a message and at the end it said....... "age is relative." My dad always hits it on the head. Thanks B. So I decided to change my attitude. Why does 30 have to be such a big deal anyways? It really is the new 20 right, and just because I turn 30, doesn't mean I have to act 30! (That was from my dad too)!

So- the muffin tops that hang over my pants, just more for Cam to grab onto right?? The wrinkles around my eyes, yes, that is just from living life, and I wouldn't change any of it, I would never give up the endless hours of tanning on the tramp, the trips to Hawaii with Cam lying on the beach all day long, I loved every minute of that. The wrinkles around my smile. Well that's because I like to smile, I like to laugh, and there is no way I'm changing that. Eating a bowl of icecream before bed, yeah, I might have to cut that down to once a week, but heck yes, I will keep eating icecream!
I love where I am at in my life right now. I love Sage and I love Cam. And I know that they love me, no matter what! So 30...... Bring it on!!
Now 40's.. that could be a different story!
One day at a time right???
My birthday was great! Cam made it wonderful. We were going to have a bunch of people over for cake and icecream, but with Sage being sick, we decided to keep it small. We went to dinner that night. Thanks Brooke for watching Sage. Cam had some of our friends meet us there. He made a cake, and Sage helped. I got spoiled. Thanks everyone! My favorite present was a Tiffany bracelet Cam gave me. It's the real thing too. I've only ever had the knock offs from Canal street in New York. I love it. Thanks babe. I love you.
Sage with me and my cake. The picture does not even show how pretty it is.
I just love it.

5 comments:

Rasmussens said...

I hope you had the greatest birthday. I love the bracelet.

Jen said...

Happy Late Birthday Michelle! Sounds like you had a great day.

Marcy Cheney said...

I can't even imagine backfat or wrinkles on you! You always look great in your pictures, but your Dad nailed it on the head...age really is relative. Heck, I'm pushin' 50 and Cleo tells me I act 20 all the time. I say "bring it on" I'm ready to see the next half century. Anyway, happy belated birthday. Love you guyz.

The Rasmussen Family said...

I am glad everyone got feeling better. Happy birthday again!

Hillary Corpuz said...

whatever you are such a dork, BACKFAT?? Ill show you back fat that will make babies cry!