Sunday, March 15, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

We went to Vegas for the weekend. It has been at least 3 years since I have been there. I really used to love Vegas. Cam has been doing a lot of work for his dad, and needed to go to Vegas to do some work there. So we made it a family affair. We went down on Friday. It is a very very very long road trip. Sage is such a trooper. She did awesome. Thanks to movies and Cam's Ipod, she kept entertained. We did all of Cam's work on Friday so we could play on Saturday. We got to the hotel that evening, and Sage was loving every part of Vegas. She was running around all over the place. It was pretty funny. We stayed at Planet Hollywood. We got all checked into our room, and decided to eat, and hit the strip. We ate at a buffett, of course. It was good. I ate way too much!! The dessert bar was amazing. They even had cotton candy! YUM. So then we went out on the strip. Oh, Sage thought that was the best thing ever. We watched the water show at Bellagio, and walked around. We went back to the room, and put Sage down. She slept in the big bed, and did really good. I don't think she has ever slept in a big bed by herself. I actually went down to the casino after she was asleep. I can't go to Vegas and not play a little blackjack. I just played on one of the dollar machines. I loved it. I owe everything I know to my dad! :) I didn't win a lot, but I did win 5 bucks. At least I didn't lose!!
So the next day, Cam was going golfing with a buddy who lives down there. Sage and I went to the pool, and then went shopping. We went to this great shopping center. There were great stores, and a little play area for the kids. It was so fun. I loved it! Cam loved golfing and even got quite the tan! We had fun in Vegas, and I love it, but I am always so glad to come home from that place! Oh, and one of my favorite things was eating at In-n-Out burger!



Sage and Cam in the room.


Sage playing a slot machine! Starting young!!


Sage and Cam on the strip. Her eyes were everywhere! Wats dat, was all that was coming from her mouth.


Us on the strip. We only got a few funny looks from having a 2 year old in Vegas! I thought this was a family place??



Laying out at the pool! She loved playing in the water. We can not wait for summer!


Sage and I.


This was my favorite! At Planet Hollywood, there is a mall in there, which was amazing. It was huge! Sage kept stopping at the shoe stores, looking in the windows, at all the shoes. She was in heaven!


There was this rain storm thing in our hotel. We stopped to watch it, and the thunder gets pretty loud. She was very concerned, and was ready to go before it was over.


This was at the mall. There was a tall tall guy, on stilts, making balloon characters. He made Sage a little flower. That was the best thing she picked up all weekend.

6 comments:

Rasmussens said...

looks like alot of fun. Glad you guys could get away. I didn't go do cards on Saturday. We need to just call Beth and we can do them together if ya want.

Lesli said...

sage's pose by the pool is so funny. she even has her toes pointed, ah i miss you guys, but I am glad you got to enjoy some warmness. I can't wait to see you in the next little while. Love you

The Mendenhall's said...

Vegas sounds so good right now. I'm glad you guys had a good time. Tell Cam happy belated birthday.

Jen said...

I could go for some warm weather! Sage is so darn cute!

Ashton & Co. said...

Looks like lots of fun! You are such a cute family. What a nice weekend getaway!

Marcy Cheney said...

Vegas is so much fun...love little Sage window shopping. She is so dang cute. Had a great time with your folks this past weekend and can't wait to see everyone this summer. Love ya...