Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas 2009

The holidays have come to end, and I am finally getting around to blogging about Christmas. We had such a great month. Sage made Christmas so much more exciting this year! I can't believe how much fun she is! We failed to continue the tradition of going up to the mountains and cutting down our own tree this year. I kept remembering how much work it was to put the lights on an 11 foot Christmas tree, then I started getting more anxiety when I thought about taking it down, and the amount of pine needles I cleaned up (and am still cleaning up). So we went down to the Christmas tree lot and got a pretty 6 foot tree. Much easier to decorate and clean up!
The month continued with lots of shopping, ginger bread houses, homemade ornaments, cooking candies, the festival of lights, visiting Santa, which was succesful- last years picture was Sage screaming, this year was a sweet inncent smile, awesome Christmas Parties, and of course Christmas itself. The month went so fast. I remember putting 19 days on the countdown, and then all of a sudden it was 2. It went way to fast!!
Christmas was spent with the Cisneros Family. We went to Cam's parents on Christmas Eve, had dinner, hung out, read the Polar Express, and got ready for Santa to come. Sage was very excited. The next morning, Sage found out just how great Christmas is! She is definately spoiled. The rest of the family came over that morning. We did more presents, ate way too much food, and played lots of games. We saw my parents the next day. They spent Christmas at my sister's house. Once again, we were spoiled.

The rest of the holidays were very relaxing. We went to movies, played more games, and ate lots more food. I loved every mintue of it. New Year's was fun. We hung out with good friends, and brought the New Year in with a bang! (I think we were in bed by 12:30)!! It was great.

Sage's new kitchen! She was so fun Christmas morning! My whole view of Christmas changed this year. It really is different through a child's eye! She was so happy, yet things were so simple. I loved it.... every minute of it!
Sage going through her stocking!

Sage and her cousins- Soraya and Caitlee. Watching movies Christmas day!

Cam putting lights on the Christmas tree.

Sage and the Christmas tree.

Granpa and Sage. Christmas- round 2.

Merry Christmas to all!!






1 comment:

The Rasmussen Family said...

I was wondering when I was going to get a phone call to get you a tree tag!? I missed it! :) Looks like the tree you got was perfect and yes, a lot less work! Can't wait to see pics of the new chica!!