Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One Totally Awesome Weekend...

I have one hell of an amazing family! That's really the only way I can put it!!!

We did a triathlon! That's right.... a triathlon...... the whole family! It was a sprint triathlon. We swam 1/2 mile, biked 14.2 miles, and ran 3 miles. (Brooke was even more amazing and did the intermediate, double what we did).

It was one of my greatest accomplishments. We even swam in open water, Rainbow Lake. I have feared swimming ever since I was little, really little. I still fear and hate swimming, but realize I can and will slowly conquer that. I have fallen in love with bkinig, and will always love running. I loved it even more doing it with family and friends. The whole family was home. The triathlon was in Rexburg. We turned it into a family reunion. I love when my sisters come home. I miss them every day. We had the most fun.

I was so proud of all of them.

Swimming attire. Such a good look! This was the night before the race!


Biking. I love biking now!


Coming down the home stretch. The run was almost over. Thank goodness!


The very best supporter ever! He was so patient through the training. So supportive. I love him.

(I am not sure why these are so small).
These were pictures taken the night before the race. We were practiving our transitions.


These are some girls I work with. They came all the way up to Idaho for the race. They are the best.
Waiting for the swim.
Jade, Hayley, Nikki, and Me.

Our medals and our matching "Posse" t-shirts.
This was one great weekend. One I will never, ever forget.

5 comments:

Aly Sharette said...

Way to go Michelle! Proud of you. It looks like it was way fun, and I can't wait to do the same thing.

Marcy Cheney said...

I couldn't agree more...your family ROCKS!!! So proud of you all & to just get to spend quality time with family is precious. So glad y'all made it to the end safely :) Love ya

Kim said...

NIce Job Mich! What an accomplishment! We'll have to plan and do one together. You are amazing!

Ashton & Co. said...

GREAT JOB! You do have an amazing family!

DLUX said...

Mich, you are seriously my idol!