So I started thinking.... What happened to the simple times?
I think it's the fall/winter season that gets me nostalgic to go back to those simple days.
I want to go to MY Grandma's house for Thanksgiving and be able to stay for 4 or 5 days. I want all the cousins and aunts/uncles to be there.
I want to go home and decorate for Christmas and Christmas shop with my mom and sisters. I want to stay up late playing games, eating party mix, and laughing! I want EVERYONE to be there.
I want December to drag on forever like when we were kids, instead of being over before I actually knew it was here.
I want to be able to go home and not worry about having to be back for this or that!
I want my mom and dad to be able to come down to our house for a whole week, not just a day!
Well, it sounds like I want and want and want. And I do. I love my family and my girls. I love the time we get to spend together. I love the traditions we are starting on our own.
I guess I just want time to slow down and become simple again!
7 comments:
A-MEN! You sum it up perfectly!
I couldn't have said it better myself. Love you.
Very true. I could tolerate those days again! :)
My sentiments exactly! :)
I agree Michelle! I wish the same things all the time. The nice thing to know is that we are creating the same Great memories for out kids as we had when we were little. It's hard to be the adult, I think anyway. :)
Couldn't have said it any better!
Well put! I agree 100%!
Post a Comment