The most wonderful time of the year!!!
We kicked off the holidays with picking our Christmas tree. Thank you Home Depot for our tree this year. Maybe next year we will head back up into the mountains and cut one down. I don't think it would have mattered if we went to Home Depot or someones backyard to get a tree, the girls would have been just as excited.
Temple Square. It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful the lights at Temple Square are. Amazing. We met up with the Cisneros clan, went to dinner, and rode tracks down town. We walked around the Temple grounds and watched the Nativity story. I have really enjoyed telling Sage the story of baby Jesus. I want her to love Christmas and everything that comes with it... the presents, Santa, etc., but I want her to know and understand the true meaning of Christmas too.
Sage was furious with Reese, because she kept drawing on her arm with marker.
It's funny how in my mind I imagine the things we do to be "magical" or "perfect." Whether it be cookies, letters to santa, decorating the tree, or even reading a story, it never ends up quite how I imagined it. It usually ends with a little yelling at each other, someone crying, Reese getting injured, something ruined, me getting frustrated and wanting to just get the girls to bed, etc. Yet, I will just take a deep breath and continue to do these things. This is what is making memories for them and me!
Making a gingerbread house!
Reese attempted to help, but instead of decorating, she just kept eating candy!!
1 comment:
OH I LOVE IT ALL!!!! i like when you blog because you have like 100 different posts each time. I miss those girls and you! You are frikin hilarious! LOVE YOUR GUTS!!
Post a Comment