Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas

We spent Christmas with Cam's family this year.  I don't know if it will ever be easy to be away from my family on Christmas, but I am so thankful for great in-laws.  Christmas has always been wonderful with them too.  The girls went up to Nana and Papa Kramers (as Sage calls them) on the 23rd for a cookie/pj party.  It was nice because it gave us the night to finish getting Christmas ready... wrapping, finishing doll houses, etc.
We went up to Cisneros' on Christmas Eve afternoon.  We just chilled that day.  I text my family a lot.  We had a group text going all day. It was fun to keep in touch with everyone through out the day. Everyone was spread out from Canada to New York to Island Park.  It was my parents first year with absolutely no one at the house!  Kind of sad!! 
That night we had Chinese food, opened pj's, let the girls open presents from Grandma and Grandpa Izzy, read The Night Before Christmas, got Santa's cookies ready and sprinkled food for the reindeer.  The girls went to bed around 8:00 without a fight.
Soon after, Santa came.
Christmas morning was nice and quiet.  It was just our little family and Cam's parents.  Everyone else came over later that afternoon.  It was a great day.  The girls were so fun!  They were so excited that morning.  Sage was so excited for her new barbie house.  She loves organizing all the rooms.  Reese was mostly excited for her pez dispenser and her elmo underwear.  She really didn't care too much about her new baby doll.  
I got a new sewing machine, which I love.  It sews so so nice.  Cam got a new scope for his gun and a new range finder for golfing.  
Christmas was wonderful.  I feel so blessed.  I love my family.  I love that the girls are getting a little older to understand more about Christmas.  I have really tried to teach Sage the true meaning of Christmas.  It is such a great time of year.  I am always a little sad to see it end.  

Christmas Eve jammies.

 Opening a present on Christmas Eve.

 Sage's Barbie house.

Reese's new baby doll.

New make-up.  The makeovers have been fabulous.

Reese's new Elmo underwear.


 Christmas morning crepes. Yum!

Christmas Trifle! Ruth makes it every year.  It is delish!!

No comments: