I knew this milestone would come! And yes, I know it's "just kindergarten" but I really didn't want to send her to school today!
Sage was so ready for school today. She jumped right on that school bus. She didn't have any friends to sit by. She waved to me out her window and I wanted to get in the bus and ride with her so bad. I cried. I made Cam follow the bus to the school. I was thinking she would want to see me.... You know give me a hug. But, she was fine. She was so ready to go into the school. I quickly took another picture and she was gone. I then wanted to go into school with her. But, I didn't!!
I came home and counted down the hours for her to come home.
When she came home, she was excited to see me! I was glad! I missed her.
I knew I would be one of those moms who would cry! I'm ok with that.
I adore my little girls. If I could, I would hold their hands everywhere we go, and I plan on doing that as long as I can, or as long as they'll let me! I know they have to grow up, and I will let them, I just want to want it to slow down.






2 comments:
I remember feeling that very same way on Jarod's first day of school. He was so ready and hasn't looked back once in 25 years! I think it means we've done at least a couple things right as parents...we taughtt them to spread their wings, now we get to watch them learn to fly. Love ya kiddo:)
I felt the exact same way some 25 years ago when Jarod started school. He was more than ready and he hasn't looked back since! I think it means we've done something right as a parent. We teach them to spread their wings and then get to watch them fly. Hope she has a wonderful school year. Love ya Kiddo:)
Post a Comment