Thursday, August 23, 2012

Idaho & Triathlon

A week after our school shopping trip we went up to Idaho for another weekend of non-stop action. And we went up there to do the RUSH triathlon again. Only this year, we did a team. Best way ever to do a triathlon. Les swam, Meg biked, and I ran. We did the Olympic, so props to us! But an even bigger shout out to Brooke. She did the whole thing and did awesome!!
So we did the Tri, which was so fun! I loved the run! Les did great swimming, so glad she didn't drowned. Meg killed it on the bike! We actually took second place. So there may not have been a lot of teams, but who needs to know that, right?? Brooke did amazing and took 1st place in her age group!
The boys golfed after the Tri. We took the kids to the park!
We had BBQ's, played games, and hung out! It was a great weekend. Love my Family!!

So Cam was to meet me in Idaho on Friday. But, he called that morning and informed me he had an accident at work. He had some alkaline/acid based chemical get in his eye and burnt it. He called me from the emergency room and let me know he was on his way to the eye doctor. He down played it... A lot. So, he convinced me to stay in Idaho and do the race. Had I known what was happening to him, I would have jumped in the car immediately! The first layer of his eye had been burnt off. They flushed 3L of saline through his eye, and basically had to play the waiting game. His vision was at 20/100. Terrible. It's been a week... The layer is slowly growing back, and his vision is at 20/40. The prognosis looks good, but time will tell. He is very lucky! I'm still feeling terrible about. It being there for him. Im so thankful his family was there to take care of him! His eye still looks so sore, so bloodshot, and painful. I am thankful for priesthood blessings and the how tough Cam is! Love him!
I will post pictures and kept the blog updated!!

No comments: