Sunday, January 5, 2014

President and Sister Mendenhall


President Mendenhall and Sister Mendenhall.
Serving in the Denver Colorado North mission. 
Reporting to the mission home on July 1. 2014. 

I can't think of anyone better to serve than these two! I'm so blessed to have them as parents.  They have taught me so much throughout my life.
These two have dedicated their life to serving and living the gospel. They have so much love for the youth.  
I'm thankful for the example they are to me and my family!

It's definitely going to be hard to not have them at "home" for three years, but I know we will be able to visit on occasion. I'm also excited to write letters and send packages to grandma and grandpa on their mission. 

My mom sent me and my sisters this message the other day..

"This is just to you 4 daughters. Just had to say today was a hard day going through Christmas boxes realizing I won't see this stuff for 3 years. I realized tonight what really is important!!! It isn't the clean house and trying to make things so perfect to the point where I have everyone so worried to just not  be themselves and relax and have fun. To not double dip😃.  

It was the christmas's we did secret Santa's to other families, the nativity song, the caroling with young women and young men. Going to orchestra and choir concerts at Christmas. Thinking of grandma and grandpa's. The family traditions that run so deep they can never, never go away!  I love you all with all my heart❤. Happy New Year!  It will be wonderful and so so thankful we can share this experience with you. I know sometimes you wonder why we have to share our time and talents with other kids when we have our own. It is because you guys are so strong and will be blessed also because of it. Thank you for sharing us with others that might not have the love and support you guys grew up with. I know this is just random and you will probably get many more like this. Ha ha. Just know I love you so much and I am so sorry for all the stupid things I say and do. Just go with me through all this craziness. Ha ha. Love you."

That's why she is amazing and will be a wonderful companion to President Mendenhall. 
She gets life and knows how to make the best out of it!
I've already learned so much from her and still have so much to learn. 

Oh and my Dad- he'll knock the socks off those missionaries in Colorado. He's amazing! Truly my hero!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so exciting they will be great. They will love Colorado, though I am quite partial to it;) they do have cafe rio in Denver if they ever start feeling a little home sick for their kids in Utah.