Sunday, August 10, 2014

Moonlight 1/2 Marathon

Some of the girls at work signed up for a 1/2 marathon. When we signed up, we were all so excited!
Race day came and we weren't so excited anymore!! Well some of us were excited... Some of us didn't train so great including myself. 
I had trained for our 10k (6 miles), but that was it!! Eeekk... Not sooo good!
Oh well... I was running anyways!

This race is awesome! The goal is to try to cross the finish line as close to midnight as possible. So you start when you want.  Some of us started earlier than others. We knew we would all meet up at the end! 
You run in the dark. So you wear glow in the dark stuff, reflective vests or tape, and head lamps. Everything is lit up along the way with glow sticks. Pretty cool. 
You start up Hobble Creek canyon and run down. Running down sounded great, but it was actually very hilly!

The girls before the race!
Becca, Nikki, Kenzie, Jade and me. 
Becca and her husband, Jon, ran together. Jade and Kenz started before Nikki and I (around 9). Then Nikki and I started around 9:45. I really thought I would need to walk, so we thought we better start early! 

The start line!
Nikki and I have ran quite a few races together. She's a great running partner!!
We were able to run the whole thing. We ran a 10 min mile. It was good. Slower than we liked, but good since we didn't train well!! We were so tired at mile 9. My knee was killing me. 
We pushed through and finished!! It felt good to be done. 


Brooke was there with some friends. So I kept seeing Jeff and Andrew along the way! That was fun. 
Andrew photobomber our picture :)

It was a great race! One I would do again for sure!!






1 comment:

Rachael said...

Running in the dark sounds fun and a little creepy. I can't believe you did so well without training! You're awesome.