Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Road trip to Denver!

Brooke, Morgan, Lauren, Sage, Reese and myself loaded up in Brooke's car to head out to Denver. 
We were so excited to visit Grandma and Grandpa!

We stopped for a little break. Izzy was chilling in the back. The girls were trying to get her back up front. 

The drive was so beautiful! I mean absolutely beautiful. 


There were a bunch of tunnels we had to drive through. The girls would hold their breathe and put their hands and feet up!!
Reese thought it was awesome!

We arrived!! Finally!! 
So great to see the folks. I missed them a lot! I thought my dad's face was so funny here. Like he's secretly not drinking his caffeine free diet cokes!

This was our view for the remainder of the night! 
Mom and Dad has continuous phone calls and texts!! They were soooo busy! I knew they were going to be busy, just not quite like this. 

When we got there, we had about 15 min before some elders came by. Dad had to inform him he needed to call his parents, because he would be flying home in 2 days.  He had some issues that hadn't been taken care of yet. That's rough!
While he was doing that, we were helping mom get ready to feed 50+ missionaries the next day! 
Again..... Very, very busy!
Despite being busy, it was so nice to just visit and be part of their world. 


The next day, we got up and ready. We went and did a little shopping and then went to meet mom & dad at their leadership meeting. They had been there since that morning. They fed them breakfast and lunch with meetings inbetween. 
We walked in as it was finishing up. We met lots of the missionaries. It was cool to visit with them. I tried to fit in. Haha. 

This is Elder Hoyt. He is huge!!!
We had Reese stand by him to see just how tall he is. He will go back and play football for BYU. He was not impressed when I told him Cam was a Ute fan!! :)

Mom was done for the day. Dad had some meetings he still had to go to. So we went to downtown Denver. Dad would meet up with us a little later! Downtown is fun. Lots of shopping and eating places. 


Reese eating her first fried pickle. She didn't love it, but I did! 
We also tried to get her to pierce her ears. She wouldn't, but settled for little magnet earrings. She loved them!

Selfie with Sager!
These two are my world. I love the trips we have been able to take together. I feel lucky and blessed to be able to play with them so much!

Saturday's are supposed to be my folks P-day. Brent had to take that Elder to the airport and meet with a couple others, so we spent the day with Mom. Looking back, we were so lucky to be able to have the whole day with her. I'm thinking those days are very few and far to come by. We did have to take a few breaks for her to catch up on texts and phone calls!

These girls were all packed up and ready to go to the American Girl store. 


Getting ready to spend the day school shopping. I'm glad we are able to carry on this tradition! 


Sage dropped off Lacey, her doll, to have her hair done and skin cleaned up! 
We shopped around forever! 
I couldn't get Sage to leave the store. It's such a fun and overwhelming store!! There is so much fun stuff there! I just need a million dollars!

We stopped to get a few pictures. Such a good day. 

Sage was getting sick of shopping. Her face shows how un-impressed she was.
I'm not sure how you get sick of shopping, but she does! Ha. 

She seemed to perk right up, when it was time to get Lacey! 


Reese fell asleep for a good hour or so while shopping. 

Grandma is the best!!

We went home around 7. It was a long, fun day! Dad was home doing some things around the house! We made some dinner and hung out. We listened to Dad explain to some sisters that the church is not haunted and they were not being taken over by evil spirits!! We were dying!!!  Some of these sisters.... Hmmmm!
We also helped Dad get his board put back together in his office! We had some good laughs. His job is not easy! At all. 

Sunday we went to Sacrament. We came home. Dad had some interviews. Inbetween them, we BBQ'd some kabobs and had a delicious dinner. 
Dad had more interviews and then we went to a park. 




We came back and took some naps. 
Dad went to a Priesthood session and we hung out outside. The girls were playing with their American Girl stuff. 

We went in and sang around the piano. It's been years since we've done that. I was reminded of how much him not a singer!!

Grandpa got home and the girls were thrilled! They had a small WWF session. 

We helped Dad out a little more in his office. We found his cool fountain pen. He's used these for years! He has great penmanship. The reason I print in all caps is because he does. These pens write very nice. I wonder if he would notice if it came up missing :)

Monday we had to pack up and leave. Boo! We went with mom over to the misson office. The girls played on Grandpa's board. They left him notes. 




We quickly said goodbye as a new missionary was walking in! 
I was sad to leave, but I'm so glad we had the time we did. Their life is nuts right now. I had no idea what went on behind the mission life scenes!! 
These guys are killing it!! They love these missionaries so much. I've always known my parents are great, but they've really stepped it up on the great level!! 
I'm blessed to have them as examples, but even more blessed that they are my parents! I love them.


2 comments:

Lesli said...

I'm so happy you guys had so much fun!! I can't wait to get out there and see it all! Love you!!

Rachael said...

That's so awesome you could visit them on their mission. That's a pretty neat opportunity. Plus, shopping with your Mom? Perfect.