1.3.2015
Reese's birthday is actually the 8th, but Cam was going to be in Vegas on her birthday, so we decided to celebrate early while Cam was here. We even let her open some presents, so he could see what she got! She had been wanting an American Girl doll. Sage got hers when she was 5, so Reese wanted one too. I felt like Sage was so much more mature than Reese is at 5. I wasn't sure if she would really like it once she got it.
Well, I was proven wrong! She loves the doll. We got her Rebecca (one of the classic dolls), because it looks so much like her. We told her she could change the name, but she liked Rebecca.
She has taken her doll everywhere, changes her clothes for every occasion and tucks her into bed every night. Sage and Reese love playing together!
She really wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese for her birthday. She'd been asking us forever! Majority of her friends had all been sick. Luckily, she wanted Jack and Tag (Cam's boss' twin boys) to come. They have become good little friends and all get along really well. Macy, the older sister came too. We had a lot of fun. We ate pizza, had cake & ice cream, opened presents, and played lots of games.
These were the princess jammies Macy gave Reese. She is convinced real princesses wear jammies like these. She is so cute.
1.8.2015
Reese turns 5 for reals!!
I had to work, so we were up early for a donut cake breakfast, and then off to Becky's.
I went during lunch to her pre-school class to take treats to all her little friends.
We then hit Mcdonald's for lunch, and then back to Becky's.
We met Meg, Brad, Mak and Abi at McDonald's for dinner (again... what the birthday girl wants, the birthday girl gets).
Then we went back home. The Rasmussen family came over for cake and icecream. It was fun having them there. We don't get together often enough. We FaceTimed with Cam to sing to Reese!
She opened more presents and then FaceTimed with Grams and Gramps in Colorado. It was a great night. It was a great Birthday.
My Dad sent this picture over later that night. He misses being around for all these celebrations. I love this picture of my dad and Reese. It's so sweet. Two of my favorite people right there.
The party continued into the weekend.
Reese went up to Nana and Papa Cisneros' house to have a play date with her cousin Olivia, who turned 5 two days before Reese.
Sage and I went up to Park City to ski again.
She wrecked. A good wreck. I went to make sure she was ok. She told me she was "taking a break". She had a sly smile on her face. I love her! This was one of our best ski days yet.
I skii'd behind her, hit her with my pole and told her she was it. We started a game of tag. I finally figured out how to make her pick up the pace! Skiing with her is one of my favorite things to do!! And she is killing it with the skiing.
We then went back to Mel & Ruth's for another birthday celebration!! We ordered chinese food, had cake & ice-cream and opened more presents. This is the birthday that keeps going and going!!!
This girl!! She keeps us on our toes. She is so full of energy. She has such a sweet, yet sassy personality. She is the tiniest little girl with the biggest heart!
She loves Mac-n-cheese, potato chips and orange juice. She loves to read books, play board games, play with dolls and lala loopsies and dance! She hates to go to sleep. She will lay in bed forever and finally ask us to sing her a song and scratch her back. She loves to "wrestle" with her dad and when she's done, she loves to snuggle with him. She has him wrapped around her finger.
She can put a smile on anyone's face.
I don't know where the past 5 years went. They flew by. I have loved watching her grow up. She has a special place in my heart!
I love you Brooklyn Reese. Happiest Birthday to you sweet girl!!













1 comment:
Reese is so cute! I can't believe she's 5!
Post a Comment