Sunday, February 8, 2015

Spring Skiing in February

2.7.2015

I had to convince Cam that we should ski instead of golf on Saturday.  
The weather was perfect for golfing, but I'm worried we are running out of ski days.  
It's like spring here and if the mountains don't get more snow soon, there will be no more ski days :(
So, I told him we'll have tons of days to golf, but not a lot left for skiing.  I won.

And I am so glad we went up.  The snow was crappy, but it was for sure one of our best ski days yet.
We met up with Colton and Kaylee, Ty and some other friends, Jake and Jami.  Sage was the only kid.  Poor girl has no friends that ski, so she's always stuck with the adults.  She holds her own pretty well.



Cam loves, loves, loves skiing with Sage.  I'm so glad they have this bonding time.  Sage is getting so good and I love watching Cam cheer her on.  They're both adorable.

We took a few breaks.  It's the longest day we've skii'd yet.  Normally we ski two or three hours max. This time we started at 11 and didn't get off the mountain until 5.  It was that fun.  We all had a great day.  We stopped to get a drink, and Sage loved that they had "lounge chairs" on the mountain.  I kind like it too.  They have music playing and everyone is just hanging out.  It's pretty cool.

Cam and Sage were on the chair behind us.  I kept hearing Sage laugh.  It made me smile.

So Sage killed it.  She really has improved this year.  She was pretty slow at the beginning of the season.  One day we started playing tag.  She really picked up the pace.  (She doesn't like to lose).  I now have to tell her we will only play if she keeps it in control.  She gets cruising down the mountain.  Cam took the whole month of January off due to his shoulder.  Sage and I had gone a handful of times without him.  He was so impressed with her.
The last run of the day, we were over on a side mountain and had to ski to a couple of different lifts to get us over the side of the mountain that we would end on.  It was a really long run.  The very last part was steep, like a double blue square.  That's pretty difficult for Sage.  We stick to greens and blues.  It was the only way down.  She was a little nervous.  Cam told her to do quick, long turns.  She wrecked the first turn and lost a ski.  She was very frustrated.  We got her put back together, got her pumped up and she made it down the mountain like a champ.  Everyone was cheering for her when we got down.  It was awesome.  We were proud of her.


 The very top of that mountain in this picture is what she skii'd down.  That's Cam, her and Ty (who was pushing her on the flat part).  She was beat, but was still smiling.

1 comment:

{natalie} said...

I love that you guys have been skiing so much this winter. Add is totally jealous. I doubt we will even end up going once. You guys make me want to take up liking the cold snow :)