Sunday, August 9, 2015

More summer days

July 27th-August 1

Monday
Cam asked the girls to pick up all the plums and peaches that had fallen on the ground. It's a dirty job... They're all soggy and bird eaten!! Gross. 
They asked for gloves and Reese was naked :)

Wednesday
Golf day with the ladies. I love the game and love who I golf with. Endless laughs. 

We went to the library when I got back. 

Cam's in Vegas. We miss him when he's gone. Cookies before dinner. Judge me all you want.. We love the Pillsbury sugar cookies. 

Friday
Summer days with neighbors. Balloons and slip n slide! 

The girls were loving the mattress blown up in their room. They actually sleep better together. 

These damn bunnies.  They keep digging holes and escaping our backyard. The black one went missing for 2 days. I was trying to gently let down Sage that he could possibly not be coming home. She said prayers that night that the bunny would be ok and come home. No kidding... We went to check on the white one and there sits the black one. She looked at me and said "I wasn't worried, I knew he'd come home." :) 
Her faith is much greater than mine. 

Friday
We went swimming with Brooke, Morgan and Luke. The girls are at such fun ages. I love that Brooke and I can just hang out and let the kids go play. We did go down the slide a few times!! 
While we were hanging out, we got on the subject of blogging and social media.  We were talking about how everything is so "perfect" in the blogging world.  I agree 100%!!
It's funny how I go through social media phases..... Some days I like it, other days I'm so over it!
I started thinking of my blog.  I am guilty as charged with only posting the good stuff.  But why not?  When I look back at photo albums or scrap books of my childhood, it's all happy memories.  And I love it. So when my girls go back and read the blog books, I want them to see all the awesome memories we made as a family! 
Have we had bad days?  Absolutely!  There are days when I want to strangle Cam.  Other days when I want to throw in the towel... no more dinners, no more laundry, no more cleaning, no more catering to kids.  But, we have way more good days than we have bad.  And those are the memories I want documented. 

I'm also very thankful for sisters.  I love hanging out and talking with Brooke.  I'm glad she gets me.  

The mattress was moved to the living room floor for the weekend :)

Saturday
It was run errand day. The girls were playing on my phone and I found these selfies! I love them. 

Car wash. 

Cam sent this picture over from Vegas.  It's funny how many people will be like, "Vegas?  What does he do on his down time?" Like they're concerned he's up to no good! HA! 
THIS is what he does on his down time!
They go to the race track and golf!
The guys he goes to Vegas with are all awesome. 
Cam is my favorite. Hands down. ❤️❤️

It was a good week. So glad Cam is home for the week. 

1 comment:

Rachael said...

The selfie the girls took is THE CUTEST!