Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day!!

We had a fun week of Valentine "stuff." Of course I had bought all sorts of Valentine candy! Sage is quite a "candy junkie" like her mom. We never ever seem to get sick of it. I had moved the candy bowl all over the house to try to keep it away from Sage. She would move a chair wherever to get to the candy. I walked in one evening, only to find her opening a hershey kiss. I said, somewhat sternly, "Sage, NO!!!" She dropped the kiss, threw her hands in the air, and said, "I done, I done!!" It made me laugh. And no, she did not get to eat the kiss.



This was her the next day, still trying steal kisses.


I had my toes done, and so we painted hers that night too. A difficult task, but it did get done. The little white blobs on her toes, are suppose to be hearts.


We went over to Brooke's on Thursday and made sugar cookies. I will be honest. I do not like to make sugar cookies. I love to eat them, just not make them. They are so messy!! But the girls liked it, so its ok. Thanks Brooke for letting us make the mess at your house, and I stole the pictures from your blog. Thanks!!



This is only half of the cookies we made!



Our little Valentine!


On Valentine's Day we made pink heart pancakes for breakfast. I didn't want to pull out the whole griddle, so I just used the stove. After burning about 3 pancakes, we finally got it semi-close. She kind of has a disgusted look on her face, like, mom screwed up the cooking again. :)


This was the attempt at a heart pancake. You can kind of see burnt pieces. She ate the whole thing though.


We had gone out on Friday night, so decided to stay in and celebrate as a family. I made dinner, set the table all valentinish, lit candles, etc. We had fun. I think maybe we will do something like this every year. It was a great night. Cam was wonderful. I love him lots. The day and night was wonderful.


Sage wanted to watch her Princess sing-a-long video immediately! Notice the ginormous balloon behind her. Her dad got her that, she loves it.
We had a great Valentines Day. I love my Valentines, Cam and Sage.

4 comments:

Lesli said...

ha ha we made pink heart pancakes too, and I burnt a few, must run in the family. I am glad you guys had a good valentines, I don't know why but that huge balloon made me laugh so hard, I just picture cam coming home with it so excited to give it to sage. It put a smile on my face. Love you guys and hope to see you soon!

Marcy Cheney said...

What a fun Valentines for your family. Sage is just the cutest little girl ever! Ours wasn't near as exciting...went and had our taxes done! But, after paying out the *** last year, we're looking forward to a return this year so guess that made it all worth while. Miss you guys and hope to see everyone this summer at the reunion. Love ya...

Ashton & Co. said...

Such a cute little valentine! Glad you enjoyed your day!

The Rasmussen Family said...

Hey! Fun pictures, and I love the toes! I know your birthday is this week...we should do lunch girl! Jason will be out of town all week, so I would love some adult conversation! Ha Ha! Talk to you soon!