Lots and lots of photos. I just couldn't decide what to cut out! I absolutely loved Moab. We had such a good time. It was a lot of driving, and a lot of watching, but I loved every minute of it! We took Sage and left Reese with Aunt Hillary. We took Gavin (our nephew) in exchange for Reese.
I have only been to Moab once, and it was for a half marathon. I don't remember much about the town, except the run. I was excited to experience it in a different way!
We left on Friday afternoon. We drove to Moab and it was too late to do any 4 wheeling, so we checked into the hotel, ate some dinner, and shopped around town. Great little town.
Saturday:
We drove to where we were going to start wheeling. We went to a place called BFE!! We rode a trail called Green Day first. (So, it's going to sound like I know what I'm talking about, and I have no idea!! I actually learned quite a bit down there). Green Day was crazy. I have never in my life done 4 wheeling like we did in Moab. Cam has had his land cruiser for years... since before we were married. We have taken it out a lot, and I have been scared a numerous of times... but Moab is crazy scary... in a good way!! I loved it.
Green Day was tough... a lot of body damage on the vehicles, a few breakdowns, and we even watched a jeep go to it's side. (Not one of our guys)! Sage and I got out and watched a lot!! I get pretty nervous.
As Cam put it, "This is some GNARLY stuff."
Sage in the truck driving out to BFE.
Getting ready to go! It was a little chilly that morning.
Colton and Kaylee.
There were 8 vehicles all together that day
That's a lot. It took quite a while to get up and down the trail.
Cam "airing down" the tires.
Me, Gavin, and Sage
Sage and me watching and trying to catch lizards
Sage and Kallin
They were buddies the whole time.
This is one of the guys with us
Sage and I making made faces
We were bored!
Sage fell asleep
I have no idea how. It was so bumpy.
This is High Dive
Oh Wow! One of the scariest things I have watched.
That is Cam's buddy, Trent, going down.
This is Cam going down
Both rear tires were in the air.
I was almost positive he was going over.
He didn't.
I have never seen him come so close.
I was obviously standing on the side.
Random photo...
This was before we left.
Sunday was my favorite. We went on the trail, Hell's Revenge. It was beautiful. The trail was all on the "slick rock". We were able to ride most the trail. There were a few challenges that we watched. It was pretty cool.
This was the trail.
It was crazy.
Drop offs on both sides.
Amazing.
This was riding up the hill.
This was riding down.
Pictures don't do it justice.
It was so steep.
I had white knuckles 75% of the time.
Some of the entourage.
Cam
The trusty driver.
He is awesome.
And hot!!
Us again.
More jeeps.
There were only 5 this day.
My little Gigi.
She was the best cruisin' buddy.
A pretty outlook.
Sage and Dad.
Our little family
minus Reese.
Gavin, Cam and Sage.
I kept yelling at her to stand still.
It was so cliffy.
I kept getting nervous.
One of the challenges.
This was called Hell's gate.
It was crazy steep.
Everyone did really well going up and down.
Gavin caught a lizard.
Sage loved it.
The trail was marked with these cool little flames.
Cool tree.
Cam's '76 Land Cruiser.
This one did a little body damage to the cruiser.
Side note: every vehicle had to be wenched up besides Cam's.
He's got skill.
Colton's jeep broke down.
This is the jimmy rig job to get him down the trail.
Colton's jeep getting fixed to drive home.
Going home!
The end.
A shout out to Cam! His Land Cruiser is built so tough!! He has done all the work himself, and it has taken him many years to get it to where it is today. His cruiser made rock climbing look so easy, when other jeeps really struggled getting up. He is a great driver and made us feel safe. Just one more amazing thing about him. I really enjoyed our trip and I am already looking forward to the next one!
2 comments:
Mich...y'all are crazy!!! But seriously it did look like a lot of fun. Love & miss ya kiddo
How fun...and a little scary too;). I'm not sure if I'd have the stomach for that, but how fun for y'all to do as a family. Love ya kiddo
Post a Comment