Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hobbler Half Marathon


Nikki and I ran the Trapnell Hobbler half Marathon Saturday. 
We registered about 3 weeks ago. The most I have ran is about 3 miles in the past year! Needless to say, I was not ready to run 13 miles. But what the heck, I figured I could walk/run it!
So I trained the best I could. I ran 7.8 miles while training. That's the most I ran.  Not too great. 
Saturday morning rolled around.. 
We ride buses to the top of the canyon. It seemed soooo far. 
We started running and 10 miles came and went pretty easily! We kept a pretty good pace and only stopped for drinks at the water stops! I started to get a little tired around 11 miles. We pushed our way through it and finished in 2 hours and 3 minute. Not too bad! I felt great. 
It was so much easier to run with someone!! I owe it to Nikki! It gave me the running "bug" again. I'm wanting to do another one!



1 comment:

Rachael said...

That is so awesome! You rocked it!