Sunday, April 6, 2014

Conference weekend

We met my parents downtown Salt Lake, Saturday night, for the Priesthood session of conference. 
We went to dinner first and then dropped the guys off for their meeting. The ladies went back to Moms hotel and then went shopping. 
We rode the train to City Creek. I love how much the girls like the train. 
It was fun to shop around and just hang out. 
I'm realizing how much I'm going to miss these quick trips with Mom and Dad. I've always taken them for granted.  Three years better go by quick. Real quick. 

My girls. I hope we will have the same relationship I have with my mom. I'm so blessed to have them. They are my heart!

Brooke, my mom and Aunt Tami! It was fun to shop with Aunt Tami too. We had some good laughs. 

The girls playing in all the fountains. 

We stopped for treats at Kneaders. Shopping isn't shopping without a cookie and a coke. And I just love Brooke. She's not only my sister, but a best friend!! Thankful to have her in my life. 

This girl. She got some new sparkly gold shoes, which she immediately had to wear. Here's the problem.. She had on boots with mismatched fluorescent disney socks underneath!  But hey, if she doesn't care, neither do I!

Showing off her muscles before swimming! Still has on her gold sparkly shoes. 


The boys met up with us after. The kids were all still swimming. 



It was a good night!
I really enjoy Conference weekend. I like listening to the talks, and being reminded we are all in this together, to be thankful, to try a little harder and be a little better. 
I liked being in Salt Lake and being surrounded by so many Mormons! All dressed in their Sunday best. We're all there for the same reason. 
I'm thankful for the church and the good that comes from it. I believe it makes me a better person! And that's not a bad thing. 









No comments: