Monday, August 25, 2014

Lake Powell!!


LAKE POWELL 2014
8.18 - 8.23.2014


Cam has an awesome boss who invited us to go to Powell with his family. We basically crashed their family reunion. I was a little hesitant at first (not only were there a lot of people I didn't know, but we were missing the first week of school), but there was no need to worry. 
It was great!  Everyone was so cool.  They all made us feel like family!

On the road. 

We got to Antelope Point Monday evening. We were planning on staying in the marina until morning. We went to dinner at a little restaurant and walked around for a while.  When we got back, all groceries had been delivered, so we unpacked and organized the kitchen. 

The house boat was so nice and so big. 
There were about 34 people there and it never seemed overly crowded. 

Tuesday we took off for the week. 
The girls were amazed. 

Sage, Nora and Reese. 
Nora and Reese were inseparable. They entertained each other all week. Such cute little girls. 


Captain Cam driving the house boat. 

We finally docked. We were all ready for some sun and surfing. 

Ryan's boat is amazing. The wake is huge. I absolutely love surfing. If I was 20, with no cares in the world, I would dedicate my life to surfing. It's that great. 


The days all blur together. I couldn't even remember what day it was half the time. 
So I'm just going to list all our activities!!

Nora and Sage out for a walk, looking for lizards. 

Some of the other little girls. They were all so cute. And all got a long so well. 

Nora and Reese swimming inbetween playing house. 

They set up a zip line. Pretty cool. You had to clear a giant boulder and then land in the water. 
That's Cam going across. 
We did have one mishap, where Dodge got stuck and had to fall on the rock. He's tough and survived. 

The girls braided hair and wrapped embroidery floss around the braids. They all had 2-3 braids in their hair. 

The girls playing house. 


Some pictures of our daily view. It never gets old. It was beautiful. We had storms roll through with rain. But it never stopped us from playing. If we couldn't be outside we were playing cards or eating. 


We went to the Dangling Rope Marina one day for gas and icecream. It was a long boat ride, but with endless dance parties,  we had a good time. 



We tubed for a while on the boat ride, and finally tied the tube up. Cam just rode in it. It was quite a back massage for him!

After the boat ride we took some of the kids to the slot canyons. It was so cool. You could only get the boats in so far, so we had to jump out and swim. 
They guys took all the kids back another  day and swam until they came to dry land. There all caught lizards. 
Lake Powell is beautiful!!



More gorgeous views of Powell!


We did a lot of hiking and paddle boarding. Paddle boarding is my favorite. 
I'm glad we had some form of exercise because we ate sooooo much food. 

Lots of sliding and roof jumping. I was proud of Sage. It was pretty high for her. She had a pretty good sideways crash that I'm sure didn't feel good, but she kept jumping. 

Sage all ready for a lizard hunt. Water bottle, baggies, she's set. 

Jack and Sage playing with their lizards. 
None of the lizards survived! :( 
But I wasn't surprised after seeing how they were handled and after seeing the leashes tied around their bellies. Haha. 

All the cute girls!
Joey, Annie, Macie, Sarah, Dyllan, Sage and Nora. 

Another boat ride to go repelling. 

They set up a place for us to go repelling. We repelled off of a 100ft. cliff into the water. Pretty amazing. I was a little nervous, but once I got over the edge, I loved it!! 


Out for more surfing. 

This was one amazing family vacation. 
I loved hanging out with everyone all week. 


The sleeping arrangements. It was so fun all sleeping together. So many late night laughs and story telling. 

Reese was out. This was the last morning. She slept so late. Let's just say the sun and water drained her!!

We played Saturday morning for a while and then packed up to head back to the Marina. It was a good 1 1/2 ride back, so we played more games and tried to soak up as much sun as possible. 

Back at the Marina waiting for everyone to get there. 
This is Annisa and Annslee. They were so good with the girls. I love them.  They helped so much. Looks like we found some new sitters :)

We had no service all week. We would drive out on the boats and get a little bit, but never enough to load anything or msgs. 
It was actually so nice to not care or worry about the phone.
So when we finally left and were back on the road, all my msgs came through. I felt so loved having 207 msgs. I had to document it!

This picture shows Sages hair wrap and her little blood shot eyes. Proof that she swam her heart out all week! 
We had the best week!
Although, we were very thankful for showers and our own beds!

I loved this trip. I love Lake Powell. The Poelman family is wonderful and I'm so thankful to have made new friends and be taken in as family. They let us know we will definitely be invited back. And we will be there!



4 comments:

{natalie} said...

HOLY CRAP. it looks like such a fun week and so beautiful too. I wouldn't have wanted to go home. I am so glad you went and had a blast!

Lesli said...

This sounds amazing!!! So glad you had so much fun! Super jealous!! Love you and your family! See you soon!!

Rachael said...

That looks so awesome! Definitely worth missing school!!

Rasmussens said...

Looks amazing!!!! Seriously the greatest place ever. I am so glad you guys had a great time!!!! Now we all need to go together!!!