Sunday, September 28, 2014

A rainy weekend for Roofing!

We went up so Salt Lake on Friday after school to help Mel and Ruth re-shingle their house. Well, the forecast showed rain, but we were keeping our fingers crossed and praying for sun. 
We knew it would rain that night, so Cam insisted that they at least get the tarp on the roof! It was dark, and slick, and wet, but they got most of it done. A few little spots were left (where vents are, etc). 

Can I just take a minute and brag about Cam. I'm convinced there is nothing he can't do! He's such a hard worker. He is willing to do anything for anyone. Before we went to his parents, we stopped at a friends house, so he could help them put up some sheet rock and replaster some holes!
Cam has not had a weekend to himself in forever. He loves his golf game, loves it, and he has not played in ages. He's either helping friends, family, out of town working, or planning something for us to do as a family. I love him. He's seriously amazing!!

So... Back to roofing.
This is Cam and Colton on the roof. This was around 11pm. 

We finally got to bed and around 1 am it was raining pretty good. We heard Mel and Ruth on the main floor. We got up to see if everything is ok. It was leaking. 
So Cam got back on the roof to lay a ginormous tarp where it was leaking. That helped until he could fix it in the morning.  Again.. He's amazing. 

That night the thunder was crazy loud! Like really crazy loud! Like 2nd coming type loud! Haha. It woke up Cam and I. I was waiting for the girls to run down, but they didn't. So I went up to check on them. I didn't want Mel and Ruth to have to get up with them.  I went into their room and Sage was cuddling Reese singing her primary songs. My heart stopped. I loved seeing that! I just listened for a minute, then went in to make sure they were ok. Sage said Reese was scared so she was comforting her. Sage is the sweetest thing. I layed with them for a while. 

Saturday morning, the rain wasn't too bad, but the shingles weren't coming until around 10. 
I went for a run. I love running up at Cam's parents house. It's always so beautiful. 
This is at a park at the top of 4500 S. 

It started sprinkling on me as I was running. I loved running in the rain. It was refreshing. 

I got home and we got to work. 
The boys got back on the roof to make sure every leak is covered. 

We got to work cleaning up old shingles!
What a mess! And it was raining Sooo HARD!!

We were soaked. Cam was not impressed I took the time to take a selfie in the rain. :)

I went to go get the girls a kids meal and escape some of the rain. 

Unfortunately, the shingles could not be put on, because it was too wet. Hopefully, this week, we can get the roof put back together!!
So, since we couldn't work anymore, we went to the movie. We saw The Equalizer. It was good. And to be honest, I don't care if a movie is good or bad... Just as long as I can have a big bucket of popcorn and a large coke!

It was a work filled weekend!! 
Weekends like this always make me thankful for family! I'm so thankful for a hardworking family. And that we are always there for each other. Always! No matter how crappy the work is :)
(But it sure makes me miss mine, and my parents)!


2 comments:

Rachael said...

I am the same way, I just like being at the movies eating popcorn whether the movie is great or not.

{natalie} said...

what a big job! i can't believe how hard it was raining, i love the selfie pic.

we will always appreciate all the hard work you guys put into our house. you and Cam were so helpful.