Monday, December 29, 2014

A Surprise Trip to Colorado

12.11.2014

We (Brooke, Me, Meg, Mike and Les) had been planning a surprise trip to Colorado to surprise my mom for her 60th birthday!  My dad had brought up the idea months ago!  We were all super excited for it.  We were able to keep it a secret for about 4 months.  We even had a group msg going titled, "No mom allowed"!  It was so fun keeping it a secret from her, although hard at times.

We flew out Thursday morning.  We were all getting to the Denver airport within about 2 hours of each other.  There was a huge storm in San Francisco.  We were worried Meg might not make it, but she did!!  

My Dad had told my mom that some Sister Missionaries were stranded in Denver and were needing a place to stay for the night.  My mom had agreed to put them up for the night and go with my Dad to pick them up from the airport.  She was just glad she would have someone to help celebrate her birthday.  Little did she know it was us!!


Brooke and I waiting for our flight at the SLC airport.

YAY!! We met up with Meg and Les.  We only had to wait for Mike to arrive.


I met Quinn for the first time.  She is a gem.  I wanted to keep her!


When Mike finally arrived, we text Dad and told him to get ready.  We had made a Happy Birthday Mom sign and came down the stairs to where they were waiting.  She was so confused, shocked, and surprised.  It could not have been any better!  There were a lot of happy tears!

Our attempt to get a good picture.  The signs were a little out of order!


We went back to the house, got a little settled and had Mom open her presents.



We went to dinner to a really good pizza place.  It was fun to all be together.  We had some really good laughs!


We went back, hung out, played games and laughed some more.  We finally got ready for bed.  We put Mike down in the basement with like 20 bunk beds!  I would not be too thrilled to sleep down there alone. 

The next morning, we went down to a cute little running trail and went for a run.

Some of us ran and some of us goofed off.  Haha.


We left Quinn with grandpa.  We came back and he had put her to sleep.  He was thrilled to have a grandkid in the house, especially a sweet cuddly baby.

We got ready while Mike watched the baby.  She was super content with him.  I just love how chubby she is.

The girls went out to do some shopping, while Dad and Mike went to hit some balls and run some errands.  They met up with us later.  Mom showing off her new Coach purse.  She thought she was pretty cool!

 Photo op moment with some stupid, ugly reindeer.

After shopping, we went to costco, back home to get dinner ready, then went bowling.  Bowling was a blast.  They had a little arcade in the bowling alley.  We played some games and won some tickets.  We got mustaches with our tickets.
I definitely think we could pull off the mustache look.  Now we just need to work on our spanish!

So Mike rented a car that was made for a clowns in a circus!  It was so little.  We were dying of laughter.  While Mom ran into the store, we were testing the size of this thing.  We were able to fit in the cart docking spot.  It was amazing.  I had tears from laughing so hard.



Mike had to leave early Saturday morning.  He woke us all up to say bye.  We were all a little tired and wanted to go back to sleep.

After we woke up and got ready, we went down to the Mission office and dad showed up what he does on a daily basis.  Quite the world they are living in right now!

We stopped for drinks and Meg came out with a HUGE old drink for Brooke.  It was pretty funny.

We went and did some more shopping and went to a Container Store.  I think I may have died and gone to heaven.  This store was absolutely amazing!!  I could spend days in there.  I loved it.

 That night we went downtown Denver.  It was beautifully decorated.





We ate at this quaint little restaurant.  I had an amazing grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup!

 My folks.... Two of the greatest people I know.  Hands down.
 

 

Sunday came way too fast and it was time to go home.  It was fun to be a part of my parents world for a few days.  I miss them.  Its' not like we saw them all the time, but I miss going "home" and hanging out.  I also loved spending time with my siblings.  We've always been close and it's good to spend some quality time together.  I feel so blessed and lucky to have such an awesome family.

Time to go home.  Driving to the airport.  I loved Denver, but was ready to get home to my babies and Cam.

 So Quinn wouldn't take a bottle from anyone all weekend.  Well look who she finally took a bottle from at the airport.  I already miss that little nugget.



 Such a fun trip!




No comments: