Sunday, April 12, 2015

Moab

March 27th-29th, 2015

Moab!!
We went down for "work" again.  Cam was in charge this time.  His boss could not make this trip, so he put Cam in charge.  It was a smaller group this time.  Only about 12 razors.  
I just love Moab.  Not only is it gorgeous, but it is always a good time.  
I was excited to have the girls with us this time.  
We got down to Moab early on Friday.  We couldn't check in to the hotel yet, so we went and cruised around town.  We went and got some lunch and hit up the T-shirt shop.  The girls love picking out their design and watching the shirts be made.


More people started showing up.  We got everyone and their machines all settled and headed up to Hell's Revenge.  Always one of my favorites.

 Reese was a little nervous.  She was scared Dad would tip over.  I had to reassure her over and over that we would be fine.  And I threatened Cam to be careful!

Sage is fearless and thought the bumpier the better.



 We had stopped while some people did a little challenge ride.  It's always better to watch than to be in the razor :)


I will never ever get sick of being in Moab.  It is beautiful.  I'm sure Cam gets sick of me telling him how pretty it is.  





 After the night ride, we went back for dinner.  We went somewhere different this time.  It was no Pasta Jays, but it was pretty good.  
We went back to the hotel and went to bed.

The next morning we ate breakfast and got ready for our first ride.  We went on a trail called Moab Rim.  Cam had never done that trail, so we weren't sure what we were in for.  
We had a lot of "novice" people with us.. so he was hoping it wouldn't be too bad!  Well... it was pretty sketchy.  Right at the beginning you rode up the trail, and it was narrow, on the left was a complete drop off.  Seemed ok at first, then there was an obstacle that was a little scary.  I even decided to take the girls out.  Cam was able to guide everyone up and it seemed to be ok.

 We were sitting on top of the obstacle with the cliff to the left.. but, the view was breath taking.


So once we went up a little further, there was another obstacle that caused a roll over.  It was then we decided to turn around.  It had taken us hours just to get a few hundred feet.  So we went back down what we had come up.



The girls were building rock towers while we waited for everyone!


Sage said, "Look mom, I'm on top of the world".


So we went back for some lunch and hit the trails again.  This time we went on Steel Bender.  We were much more familiar with that trail.  It's a good one.  

We went back for dinner and back to the hotel for swimming.  Some people were headed home that night.  The girls were beat.  It had been a hot day, and we were tired.  
The next morning we slept in and cuddled in the morning.  These days are my favorite.

We decided to hike to the Delicate Arch before we went home.  We've been to Moab a handful of times and have never been there. The girls were troopers.  It's a pretty steep climb and longer than I imagined it would be.  


Reese was carried on shoulders until she would get a second wind and take off running again.

We found a mini arch and Reese thought we were there. Ha.  Her mind was about to be blown.



Why we have never hiked the arch before is beyond me.  It's crazy insane.  You turn this corner and Bam!! There it is.  It's beautiful.








It was a great weekend.  I'm blessed.

No comments: