6.4-5.2015
I got home from girls camp at 11:00 pm on Wednesday and left for Moab at 10:00 am Thursday! It's been a whirlwind of fun.
We left Reese home with some friends. She doesn't love Moab. She's not a fan of the razor rides.
It was a quick trip, so we figured she wouldn't miss too much. Although we missed her.
We went with Cam's boss and his family and 3 other families. I love the work trips, but it was nice just being with friends this time.
We got down there early, and hung out a bit, checked into our rooms, went for a quick ride with the Poelman's to Fins and Things, and met everyone else for dinner around 5. We ate at Pasta Jay's. An all time favorite. They have the best spinach/artichoke ravioli in a tomato cream sauce. Mmmm Mmmm good!
We then loaded everyone up for a night ride to Hell's revenge.
Moab never gets old to me. Everything about it is beautiful!
We stopped at the "Elevator" to watch people climb up it and have a huge ol' fire and s'mores.
We've never done that before. It was a blast!
Friday, we met for breakfast.
Then loaded back up for another ride.
We went back to Hell's revenge. It's one of those rides that's cool at night, but you have to do it during the day too.
We have one breakdown. We lost a screw on Ryan's machine. So Cam volunteered to take it down and have it repaired. He knew the trails the best.
So we kept on going.. We made it to the "Hot Tub". We waited there for Cam. Ryan insisted we wait for him... He wanted everyone to see him go down and up this hole. Ryan is intrigued that Cam is the only one he knows that has ever been able to climb out of it!
Pressure was on.
After about 5 tries, he made it out! He's amazing :)
It's a pretty deep hole!!
We went and stopped for lunch. We had sandwiches. As we were just finishing it started to rain.... Not just a little bit, but a full blown down pour/storm with thunder and lightning. We were all soaked.
I couldn't believe how fast the trails filled with puddles and streams of water. It was so wet and slick. A little scary.
We left around 5. Stopped in Green River for dinner and made it home later that night.
Another trip for the books! Can't wait for the next one.
Summer is off to a great start!!
Side notes:
6.7.2015
Sage bore her testimony today. She went up on her own, didn't even tell us.
She said, "I know prayers are answered. Jesus answers my prayers in Moab. I was scared of the rain and thunder. I prayed it would stop. It didn't stop, but it wasn't raining as hard. I wasn't as scared anymore". I knew she was scared, but didn't know she had prayed.
I'm so thankful to know that she knows the power of prayer and that she will use it and pray to Heavenly Father when she needs it!














No comments:
Post a Comment