Saturday, May 10, 2008

Never Again

I'll be honest, I really like to use a sewing machine, but I am no good at it. I like to make things that only involve things like straight lines, maybe a pillow case or something. Well I decided to attempt to make Sage a dress. I thought it can't be that difficult, and I really want to try something new! What was I thinking? First, it would have been way cheaper to go to the mall, and buy her an adorable dress that she might actually wear. Second, it would take a few hours to shop, unlike the weeks, even months, I have been working on the dress. The hat was actually pretty easy, but the dress, well lets just say it is suppose to have two ruffles around the bottom, but hers only has one, because I ruined the other one. From a distance it looks ok, but don't be surprised if you never see her in it. The hat is the cutest part, and it actually looks ok, and of course, she hates it. You can see that in the picture.


She liked the dress at first.

The finished product.

And now she hates it.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I am impressed you even attempted it!! Way to go. But I do have to say that fabric makes a pretty cute pillow case, we made them for the young women in our ward. I laughed that we picked out the same fabric pattern!! Once again - great friends think alike.

Kim said...

Check you out! Who knew you had such skills! The dress and hat are very cute!

The Rasmussen Family said...

How cute! Congrats on at least finishing a sewing project, I think I've started 26 or so and there they sit, scraps of fabric partially sewn together...so Good job! She does look sweet!

Heather and Trevor said...

Wow you are talented even if it didn't turn out the best! I am still impressed! :)

Hillary Corpuz said...

You always amaze me with the things you whip out! Did you use a pattern? Next time, if there is a next time, use no pattern, it's much easier- for me anyways..

Sage is too cute. I love her mad open mouth face.

Mandy Abbott said...

That dress is darling! Good job. I'm with you on the clothes things... I can do straight lines all day long. But anything other than that I can do, It just takes me a million years! And the outside always turns out, but the inside always looks like a spider web!