Sunday, November 23, 2008

BYU/Utah Game

Oh, were do I begin? Let's see I guess you could say I grew up being a BYU fan. My Grandpa's cheered for BYU, my Dad cheered for BYU, my ex-boyfriends cheered for BYU, I went to BYU home games with friends when I lived in Provo, so of course, the only thing I know, is to be a BYU Fan, and of course, am anti-Utes. Well, just my luck, I married a UTE fan. Not only is he a Utah alumni, but his whole entire family is as well. And yes, their Utah flag hangs outside their house, with pride, every game day. His Grandpa and our brother in law, Jared, are the only BYU folks.
Well the "big day" started with his Grandpa's 92nd Birthday party. The house was flooded with red!! The birthday party was fun. I did not get any pictures, but his grandpa was dressed in blue from head to toe, surrounded by red people. He was pretty cute. Way to stand your ground, Bill. They had bag pipes playing Happy Birthday to him. Cam's mom's family is from Scotland, and still have very strong accents. Pretty cool.
Then to the big game. We went back over to Cam's parents house, and they had it all decorated. It was cute. I thought it was going to be a good game, until after half-time. And that's enough said. Very, very devastating!!!! I just kept quiet most the game. I didn't dare open my mouth to say anything. There was way to much gloating going on. I just want to try to keep the peace. :)
So..... Good Luck Utes and BYU.... better luck next year.


Sage loved the football game, or maybe more the balloons.


Yes, even she is a traitor!!! But a very cute traitor!


Nana and Papa and Sage!! I think if she would have worn blue, she may have been disowned.

3 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

GO BYU! :) Just kidding...Cute pics of Sage below. She is at that crazy age- huh- I'd like to tell ya it gets better, but...no it just gets funner.

Marcie said...

Michelle! Wow! A lot has been going on. I love that you update your blog so often, it's fun! Game party looked fun! Can't wait to shop Friday, YEAH! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Hillary Corpuz said...

Yah, what can I say, you are definatley out numbered now, since Jared bet with me that if Utah won he would be a Utah fan. Looks like it's just you and Grandpa Bill.. haha. You know it's bad when your own daughter doesnt even root for the same team.. JK