Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Provo River Trail 1/2 Marathon

I ran the Provo River Trail 1/2 Marathon on Saturday. It was a big accomplishment for me. I was 18 weeks pregnant when I ran. I debated and debated whether or not to run. I had signed up for the run, and seriously, the very next day- I found out I was pregnant. I tried really hard to train the best I could, I just never really felt up to it!! The race came way to fast.
One of the girls I work with was running it too. So we went together, and I knew I would not be able to keep up with her! I planned on walk/running the race.
It was up Provo Canyon and it was so so cold. We were there at about 5:00 am, and didn't even start running until 7:00. I was so cold, I was numb. We started the run and I felt great! I was able to keep up with my friend, Nikki, and her friends until about mile 9. I then slowed my pace down, and hit mile 11, and my knee was killing me! My knee did not do well running down the hills at all. And I had to pee 3, yes 3 times. I ran a marathon a few years back and never once had to pee. At one point I even ran off the trail into the trees/bushes. That is how bad I had to go!! I felt great- all but my knee, so I did a walk/run for the last 2 miles, and finished the race. My time was slow, but I didn't even care. I finished!!
I know after this little baby, next summer, I will kill that 1/2 marathon! It felt great to run down the canyon and it was beautiful. I highly suggest this run to anyone.





After the race! Me and Nikki and Sage! Nikki did awesome. It was her first race ever, and she is now hooked!

4 comments:

DLUX said...

YOU FREAKIN' ROCK!!!!!

dan and audrey said...

YOU ARE AWESOME! I can't believe you ran a 1/2 18 weeks pregnant, you are amazing. great job!

BrentinRexburg said...

I Love you and I am so proud of you. Next year lets all run it together ,that is if we can have a year where someone is not pregnant or just had a new baby.ha, ha. I love my daughters, especially the little granddaughters, oh they are so dang cute. Now that will be the day when we can run with them.

Natalie said...

Way to go Mich!!! I gave up running not far into my first trimester because I was just to dang sick! You rock!!! Are you sure you're 18 weeks because where is the baby bump? I hate you... :)