Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Zoo

10/11/2013

Fall Break. We didn't do much. I had to work Thursday. 
Friday we met Hillary and Liza and all the kids at the zoo!
Such a good day to go to the zoo. The weather was nice. The animals were all up and active because it was a little cooler. It was a great day! 
I just love spending time with the girls and family. 
We missed Cam. He was in Vegas all week long.







We stayed up at Cisneros' Friday night. 
The kids were all playing capture the flag.
Sage tripped and the cement won. Poor girl!



We had a viewing that evening for Cam's uncle, Jeff Cain. He passed away of cancer. He put up a good fight.
The funeral was Saturday. 
It was nice, very nice. His family did such a great job at the service. 
No one should ever lose their dad, husband, brother, etc. 
Jeff was a good man and has a great family!


I thought a lot about life that day. Funerals seem to put things into perspective. I'm so grateful for the gospel. For the understanding of families being together forever, for the atonement, and the plan of salvation. Such a comfort knowing this is not the end and knowing it's all about joy in this journey. I'm glad I was reminded of that.

No comments: