Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas 2013

Christmas!!
The most wonderful day of the year.
And I agree...

We spent Christmas with Cam's family this year. We went up to Salt Lake in the afternoon.. 
We hadn't seen Santa yet, and knew we had too, so we went to the mall to see Santa. We thought the line would be forever long, but no line!! Yay.
Reese was so shy... Sage was polite. 


We then went to Mel and Ruth's. We ordered Chinese food, went to visit great Grandma and Grandpa, unwrapped Christmas jammies, sprinkled reindeer food, left cookies and milk for Santa, and read the nativity.
The girls were finally ready for bed!


Then Santa came!
The girls were spoiled as always. We always say we are going to cut back, but then Christmas Eve comes and we have lots of stuff! And yet- I never regret it!
All the stress, all the worries that everything will be perfect is worth it!
I almost get giddy waiting for Christmas morning to come to see the girls get so excited for Santa!


The after! The girls loved everything. I was happy!

Breakfast! Crepes and breakfast casserole. Delicious. 

A morning run with Ruth and my new beats headphones! A surprise that I loved!

Reese telling me she loved her iPad mini. 

Sage playing Monster Highs, while listening to music.
(While driving home Christmas Eve, we were teasing Sage she was going to get a lump of coal for Christmas. She said, "it's ok.. I like coal and I want to try to make a fire with it."  That's why I love her.)

Reese givi her cousin a makeover with her new makeup kit!  She does an amazing job. (Insert sarcasm)!

We had a delicious ham dinner and just hung out!
It was a wonderful Christmas. Perfect actually! I have such a great second family. I love them! They are so great!

Christmas makes me nostalgic, homesick actually.. But it's weird.. As much as I long to be little again, or to be home, I love more where I am at right now! I love my family of four, so very much. 
I love my family traditions, and Cam's family traditions that we have combined and also started our own. 
I love the magic of the Christmas. 
I love the family get togethers, games, stories, dinners, etc. 
I love to look back and reminisce about Christmas' from the past, but even more, I love Christmas now, and the yeas to come!













No comments: