Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter weekend.

Friday when we got home, we let Sage open the rest of her presents for her birthday.  I let her open some in California, but not all of them. I knew cam would want to be there for the rest! Cam got her a cricket .22 pink rifle. (I had no idea about that present!) She was thrilled. We also got her a new Lego set. 
Her and Reese built lego's all night. 



Saturday we went shooting with Cassie and Shane. Sage really wanted to shoot her gun. I hadn't been out shooting in a really really long time. I like shooting guns. They can be very intimidating, but once you get comfortable with them, they're awesome!

Cam and Sage. She was hesitant at first, but caught on quick! By the end of the afternoon, she was hitting soda cans.


I liked this picture of Cam and the girls. I know there are times when he would love a little boy... But these girls love their dad, and have a lot of the same interests!

Even Reesie liked shooting the fun. She was so cute. She didn't even aim. Just load the bullet and pull the trigger. 

The headphone things were squishing her cheeks together. It was hilarious trying to watch her talk. 


Cam convinced Cass and I to shoot the AR 15. Big guns, but fun to shoot. 

After shooting we went home to clean up a little and come back to the house for pizza, an egg hunt, and dye eggs. Aust and Rach came over too. 
Cam kept the "Mendenhall" egg hunt tradition alive. The girls all came away with $20+. Oh man, we had some great egg hunts growing up. I miss the old days. My dad and Uncle Billy would be proud!

Dying Easter eggs. 


Sage and Bella were dressing up their dogs and doing fashion shows. Poor puppies. 

The Easter Bunny came. 

Sunday best. 


We kept Easter pretty low key this year. After traveling, we were ready to just stay home. We went to church, came home, and all took 3 hour naps. I think we were all a little tired. We went for a bike ride and had a BBQ. It was nice to just stay home. It was a good Easter. 
(I was a little moody. Just one of those days. The girls were fighting over candy which was annoying, we were late for church, again, and I had to teach which is always a little stressful). The day did get better. 
I'm thankful for the Savior and his atoning sacrifice. I know that because of him we are given second, third and fourth chances. I know that we will return to live with him again, and be a forever family. And for that, I am grateful!

















2 comments:

Rachael said...

I love the girls' Easter outfits! Sooo cute!

{natalie} said...

I'm glad you had an easy Easter, sometimes that is the best. Sorry about your crummy morning, we all know I've had those!