Sunday, June 22, 2014

A busy week.


The week started out great. 
Cam & I hit 10 years. ❤️
There have been lots of ups and downs. More ups than downs. Only a handful of times have I wanted to throw in the towel. Married life is hard. But if it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be worth it! 
And it's worth it. There is no one I would rather spend the last 10 yeas with than Cam! He makes me a better person and makes me happy!
Cam had to go back to Vegas on our anniversary. So we decided to celebrate when he gets back!

Tuesday we had the day off work, so all the girls decided to go shopping, lunch and golf. 
It had to have been the coldest golf day ever!! It was freezing. We played all 9 holes. It took us the whole way home to warm up!

I liked this picture because of all the pink balls. Golfing with girls is very pretty. 

This was the temperature in the house. It was so cold.

And those are snow capped mountains. Snow! In the middle of June.

Our goldfish from the carnival died. We gave them a proper burial down the toilet. Reese was very sad. 

Tuesday was supposed to be the first day of swim lessons, but since it was so cold, they started Wednesday. They're loving it!

Friday we went up to Salt Lake to be with Mom & Dad as they were set apart.
It was an amazing afternoon. I was so thankful to be apart of it. The priesthood is powerful and real. Those blessings given to my parents were so personal and full of blessings and promises. 
Again, I'm amazed at the strength of my mom & dad. This is a big sacrifice for them, but the reward will be even greater. How blessed those missionaries will be. 
We met in Elder Oaks office with Elder Christensen.  Elder Oaks was full of stories, including how he got his name from a statue in Springville. A very influential man. 

We had lunch with everyone after. It was nice to sit and visit. My parents seemed the most relaxed they have been in a while.

We went up to Brooke's, where my parents were staying.  My Dad watched the girls, while my mom and I did some shopping. It was nice. 

Saturday the girls and I went swimming. 
When we got back, I found Reese snacking away on the Oreos! 

Some photos my parents sent over. They went to a preview of a new church movie coming out. Good to see they still get some R&R. 
(This was their first day in the MTC)

Their name tags.
My mom said she cried when they gave these to them. 
It is so real now. I'm sure it's an overwhelming flood of emotions. 
And they'll be learning/speaking some Spanish. They have 40+ Spanish speaking missionaries in their mission. 


We had a super long sacrament meeting today.  Our wards were all split and another ward added! We also have a new bishopric. 

Cam will be home later tonight. 
He stayed in Vegas today to golf at the Wynn. It's a pretty elite, pricey course. (I'm sure glad it was comped)! He even had his own caddy! He was in Heaven. 
A beautiful course!

All in all, a good busy week. 
It's been emotional. My parents have been on my mind all weekend. I'm still just amazed at the spirit I felt on Friday. I know this gospel is true. I felt such a peace knowing everything will be ok while they are gone. 
I struggle day to day making right choices, but I'm glad for moments like this to help me remember the big plan!










1 comment:

{natalie} said...

What a week! I bet it will be nice when they are settled in CO. They will do great.

The moments of the spirit are so important and I wish I could remember that more often 😁😉

Love Reesie eating those Oreos!