Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving

11.27.2014-11.30.2014

Thanksgiving break has been awesome. 
Cam had the whole week off! So we had lots of time to just hang out.  It's been a while since we've had absolutely nothing to do. I loved it!

We had donuts every morning. 

We had lots of time to do arts & crafts. The girls did shrinky dinks and made tree ornaments. 

We made pies and salads for Thanksgiving day. 


We kicked off Thanksgving day at Hill's house. Cam challenged all of us to do the gallon challenge. We had to drink a gallon of milk and keep it down all within an hour. He said he'd pay $100 to anyone who could do it! Bring it on. 

Well- it's muh harder than it looked. 
Not one of us finished our gallon. Gav came the closest, but ended up throwing it back up!

Where we all finished at!! 
Maybe next year!! Ha. 
And we did it at Hill's, because Ruth wanted nothing to do with it :). She was not going to let this ruin Thanksgiving! 
We were all fine and ate plenty of turkey :)

Thanksgiving dinner at Mel & Ruth's. 
Everyone was there except Ty & Liza. 


The after dinner picture. Everything was so good and of course we all ate way to much!
We went and did a little shopping later that night. Nothing crazy. 

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love getting together with family. Such a great time of year to look back and reminisce how blessed we really are. 
I am so thankful for the blessings in our life. I'm so thankful for my family. Cam and the girls are my everything. 
We've been so blessed for Cam to work with such a great company.  A lot of doors and opportunities have opened up not only for him, but for our family. We've been surrounded by such generous people and have made some great friends. 
We've been blessed with great friends, with good health, and amazing families. 
I have found a soft spot in my heart for the missionaries and those serving with the missionaries. 
I hope I can always live my life with a heart full of gratitude. 


The day after Thanksgiving we hit the slopes. We went up to Park City Resort. We decided to take Reese up and see how she would do. 


Reese actually did ok! We only did about 3 runs with her, but she liked it and never once complained. Looks like we'll be taking her again!

Sage did awesome too! She loved being back on skiis.  And the weather was great. It was so warm. We didn't even need our coats. 

Our first family picture on the chair lift. 

It was a really fun day. 

Saturday we went out shooting. 
There was a big ol' group. Good times. I always like shooting up some junk. I've had my own hand gun a while and I've been trying to get really comfortable with it. I don't know if that's ever possible!!

We also shot up a lot of clay pigeons with our shotguns. Shooting shot guns is my favorite. 


Later that night, we went to get our Christmas tree. 

Every holiday is so much better with these two!



Charlie came Sunday night. He made his traditional mini pancakes. The girls are excited he's back. 
Tis' the season!! I'm so ready for the Holidays!! Such a fun time of year! 

2 comments:

Lesli said...

um I want to be apart of your Thanksgiving! Sounded super fun! Except for the gallon challenge... sick. hahaha Love you and those girls!!!

{natalie} said...

what a fun holiday -- so cool that Cam had the whole week off!

I would def puke doing the gallon challenge, you are brave to try.

the girls look so stinking cute skiing!