6.26-28.2015
Mirror Lake Camping
We went camping to Mirror Lake with Mel & Ruth, Colton & Kaylee, and Ty & Liza and their girls for the weekend.
It was so nice to escape the heat!
Although we did not escape the Mosquitos.
We got up there later Friday evening.
We set up camp, started a fire and had some s'mores before bed.
Saturday morning we had breakfast and just hung out. We took Belle with us this time too.
This is Diesel (Colt & Kaylee's dog)! He's huge!!! Belle was a treat for him :) He's a good dog. And Reese kept calling him Cecil! So funny.
The boys set up BB gun targets and had shooting competitions.
Chilling with Nana & Papa and Rowen.
So the BB gun shooting got a little out of control. Cam dared me to take one to the butt. I told him only if I could shoot him first. He agreed! So we did one pump and everyone took one in the rear :)
Well, everyone except Reese. She was nervous that we were doing that!
I had the first shot! Direct hit!!!
We went for bike rides.
And we fished.
I was the navigator. I obviously took my job very serious!
So it was just us on Mel's little fishing boat. And it was chaos. Cam was dying!
So I was driving and turning circles to fast, all the lines were getting tangled, Belle almost jumped in, Reese would panic when we'd catch a fish, Cam almost took a hook to the ear.... I could tell Cam was trying to be sooo patient, but was so on edge!! Hahaha!! I was laughing so hard!
He's such a good guy to put up with all us girls! :)
My little fish I caught. I even pulled the hook out myself!
Sagee's fish!! She wasn't sure about holding them. And we kept a couple to cook... She felt so bad for them when Cam hit their heads to kill them.
These next 3 pictures are all focused on Reese. This kid kills me! She was so not into this whole fishing thing. Every picture she has the most disgusted look on her face!
(She'll definitely be our stubborn teenager who we have to drag with us on family vacations, and she'll be annoyed the whole time)! Haha!!
She did not like holding her pole and being patient!
She thought the fish were disgusting!
It started hailing on us. A big piece of slush landed on her arm and she was mad. Hahaha!! She's the best.
It started down pouring on us. We got the boat in as quick as we could. And hurried back to camp. We were all drenched! It rained for a good 2 hours. We all took long naps. It was great.
The rain finally cleared up and we were able to start dinner. Cam cooked up the fish we caught.
After dinner we want for a walk around the lake. I love Mirror Lake. I love that you can walk around the whole lake. Everything is so green and beautiful.
We came back and got the girls ready for bed. Cam cut up the watermelon. He left the two ends for him and Sage.
They are so much alike!
Reese and Olivia making bracelets.
We had more s'mores and put the girls to bed. We stayed up a little while longer and chilled around the fire!
Cam on breakfast duty!
We cleaned up camp and left to go on a hike.
We hiked in to this little lake! Up in the Uintahs there are all these hidden lakes. They're amazing and beautiful!
The girls wanted to swim. I refused. It was freezing. So Cam went in with them.
I loved how Reese dressed down to just her underwear. It reminds me of when I camped as a little girl and we would play in the creek in just our underwear!
Our little family!
Reese got tired of course! Good thing she is light.
We went back to camp, loaded up and drove home.
I almost had us talked out of going. It's so much prep work for just a weekend. And the thought of the mess when you get home is even worse! Endless laundry and dirt everywhere! But, im so glad we went! I love camping! I'm still doing laundry, but the memories we made and the endless laughs were all worth it!
And here's the aftermath!






































No comments:
Post a Comment