Saturday, September 12, 2015

Lake Powell

8.24-8.29

Oh Lake Powell. My favorite vacation of the summer. 
We went to Powell with the Poelman's again this year! I love them. Such great people. 
We left Monday morning. 

Macy rode with us. 

Monday we got everything ready to go. We stayed at the Marina Monday night. We just hung out, went to dinner and played games. 


This was probably our second trip to get icecream at the little store. 

We left Tuesday morning to find out spot for the week. It was a little cloudy that day, no rain though. Wednesday was a lite cooler and off/on rain.  We played lots of games that day, and ate lots of food. The rest of the week was hot!! The water was 75°! It was perfect!

I lost track of the days there and hardly had my phone out. No service which I love. Grandpa Jay took lots of pictures. There will be another post when I get those! 
But for now, here's what our week consisted of....

Endless "King of the Hill" on the Tow Boggin'. This giant foam mat was a blast. It was hooked to the house boat and the kids played forever on it! We would hook it up to a wave runner and it would pull us around. People would fly off like crazy. I have never laughed so hard and never had so many bruises all at once!

iPods came out a few times, when the sun was just too much or if it was raining. 

Ha! Tag decided to just pee on the rock!  Reese was not impressed. I was dying. 

Lizard catching. 

Marbles. Not the marbles we're used too, but still fun. 

More Tow Boggin'

Lucy and Reese. Courtnee bought all the girls matching swimsuits. I packed one for each day and they all wore this one the whole time. So cute. 

The generator randomly turned off a coue times. Leave it to Cam to get it fixed!

Our daily view. I will never get sick of this!

I heart Lake Powell!

Boat rides.  Of course Reese falls asleep. Every time. 

We surfed all day, everyday.  The wave, the water, the view. It was perfect. 

Paddle board yoga and handstands. 

Lucy wanted to wear the big kids goggles all day. 

Can on the hoverboard. This thing is danger danger!! But cool when you got it figured out. Can was pretty good!

Reese and Jack spent hours on this thing. They'd bounce each other off with their tubes. 

This is the last day. We were loading up cars to come home. No one wanted to leave. 

Courtnee and Ryan had the girls fly home with them on their Jet. They didn't want them to have to drive all the way home. The girls were so excited.  They were home like 6 hours ahead of us. 
We had all their clothes. Courtnee broke out the Halloween jammies she bought for the girls. They glow in the dark and all the girls have matching ones. Reese won't sleep in anything else. 
The Poelman's spoil the girls. We're thankful for good friends!

Our week was so fun. I could have stayed for another one. 
Each morning we all ate breakfast together and had a devotional. It was great to be with good friends who feel like family. We're blessed to have them in our lives. They know what's important in life... It's not how much money you have or what you do or who you know... It's all about family and making memories with loved ones. 

And that's what we did all week long. 

No comments: