Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Weekend.

I love long weekends. I love knowing we have a extra day to hang out. 
It's making me extra ready for summer. 

Cam had Friday off so we ran a bunch of errands and went to lunch with Reese before we had to pick up Sage. 
That night Colton & Kaylee came down for a BBQ. The original plan was to help Cam change the starter in the car, but Cam finished a lot quicker than he thought. So we were able to enjoy the night and hang out!


Saturday morning I decided to climb the Y mountain. Nat & Steph have climbed it and we want to climb it together. I decided I better make sure I could keep up with them. 
It is a crazy hard hike! Short, but hard. It's steep with a lot of switch backs. Coming down is by far the best part :)
I did enjoy getting up to the top and stop to enjoy the view. Beautiful!

And my legs are sooooo sore!



We had some friends come over for a BBQ that night. They work with Cam. We had some delicious steak. I've got to give it to Cam for grilling up some amazing food.  Then we played some games. 
A fun night.

Sunday..
We decided it was going to be our "Memorial Day". Cam had to fly to Powell and drive a boat back on Monday so we spent Sunday doing what we would be doing on Monday. 

We had pancakes for breakfast.  
Our stove went out a few weeks ago and I kept asking Cam if I should have someone repair it, he kept putting it off, and last week I came home to a new stove! I love it and was thrilled!
He's the best when it comes to surprises like that!
Anyways- it has this middle part that came with a grill, so we decided to try it out for breakfast.  It worked great!



We hit the course that afternoon. A very nice day for golf. It's a little more difficult with the girls, but we still had a good time. I'm waiting for the day they are playing right along with us. 


And props to Cam for putting up with my 3 hits to his one. I only recall snapping at him once for trying to help me :). I'm working on listening better and trying to apply it!!

This is real life right here!! 
Reese had to go to the bathroom. I'm holding her, while Cam is trying to wipe her! Now that is teamwork at its finest!!



Monday.. 
Cam left for Powell. We went to hike The Grotto with Nat, Kade and Addi, & Megan, Abi and Mak & Stpeh. It was a gorgeous day for a hike and we the kids all loved it. 




I would try to hold Reese's hand and she would tell me she could do it. I like her independence, but I don't want my baby to grow up!


Love my girls. (And Gigi lost 2 teeth this weekend :)

The Grotto is a great hike for kids. It's short, easy, and beautiful. I love the waterfall in the cave!


We hit up sodalicious after the hike. Just what we needed!


After the hike Nat & Steph came over and we layed out in the backyard while the kids played. It was nice and relaxing. 
It was a good Memorial Day! I'm grateful for good friends to spend the day with. I missed Cam. 

















1 comment:

{natalie} said...

I like your golf skirt....I just told Ethan today that I need short golf shorts or a skirt so I can get a tan while I'm out there. haha.

The grotto was super fun and I'm glad we did it. I"m looking forward to more hikes this summer.

I'm sure you will beat Steph and I up that mountain you crazy lady! Awesome that you tackled it yourself.

I'm so glad we are friends.