2.27.2015
Our weekend was pretty low key.
We did some grocery shopping. Reese brought in the little waters and I brought in the big waters. She thought she was going to die. She's pretty cute.
Sage brought this note home for Cam from school. She found this 1/2 walnut shell with 1/2 walnut in it. She loved that it looked like a heart. She kept it to give it to her dad along with a note. I loved the walnut heart. So sweet.
Saturday we went to a funeral. Our friend, Rachel's mom passed away unexpectedly. It was really sad. We didn't know her mom that great, but went to the funeral to be there for Rach and Austin. Rachel did the life sketch and did such a great job. She is such a strong person. My heart has broken for her as she has gone through this trial. As I talked to her, she just confirmed to me how true the gospel is and how thankful she is that "families are forever." I'm so thankful to have her as a friend.
Attending funerals are not my favorite, but they always put life into perspective. They remind you of the important things. The things that matter.
We had a pretty mellow night. I made party mix for the first time. We grew up on this stuff. We had it every weekend. Whenever we go home to visit, it's a must and Su will always make it. The girls requested it for movie night. I can't believe it has taken me so long to ever make it.
Movie night. The air mattress was blown up and the girls had a sleepover. The little things that make them happy!







No comments:
Post a Comment