Thursday, May 28, 2015

Memorial Weekend

5.22.2015
Memorial Weekend

We had a very laid back weekend. 
Our camping plans were ruined by this stupid rainy weather!! (I know, I know... we're in a drought)!

So we decided to stay home, get some things done around the house and just hang out! 
Since Cam travels so much, he really enjoys his home time. I can't blame him. 

Saturday, we slept in. 
I finally got out of bed to go hike the Y! 
It was a nice morning and packed with people. 
I'm still determined to run that hike before summer ends... But my word, it's a hard hike!

I stopped and grabbed donuts. The girls were waiting for me outside. It was a beautiful morning. I was beginning to second guess our "no camping"!

We went over to the Poelman's to swim and eat. It started raining while we were there. Since the pool is heated to 91°, no one even cares. The kids all loved it!
Courtnee and I ditched everyone to go get pedicures!

That night we came home and made some nachos. We were all swam out and decided to have a movie night at the house. 

Sunday we did the church thing. 
It was still off/on rain. We were able to get out and play a little bit! We went for a bike ride.

Reese had a bug fly into her eye and you would have thought she was dying. I honestly didn't think we were going to make it home! #dramadramadrama

We played hopscotch. (Reese still continues to dress herself with her amazing style)!


Cam tried to school us all... We weren't having it!!

We drew pictures. And then the rain washed it all away!

Monday. 
We really wanted to go golf. So Mel and Ruth came down and met us at the course. It was really slow play, but we still had a good time! I got par on the first hole. I thought, this is going to be the game of my life... I was wrong. It went down hill from there :(

Reese put herself on the back, and buckled herself in.. She kills me!



Cam was very patient with us. We had a good day. 
We went to dinner after. It was cold and rainy (a storm moved in while we were golfing).  Then we went back to veg at home. 

I think I had had a little too much family time. I was getting irritated and edgy with everyone, so I decided to go for a bike ride. I don't ride near enough. It was what I needed. 

It was a fun week with the fam. 

It's been hard to get back in routine! It's the last week of school, the weather is still crappy, and we just want to sleep in. 
We're so ready for summer!! 


Side note... 
5.27.2015
Went golfing with the ladies tonight. We went up to Spanish Oaks and played the back 9. I got par on two holes. They were both par 3's. Legitimate pars. No redoes. Nothing. I still played horrible on all the other holes, but those two make it worth it to keep playing!!  













No comments: