Sunday, September 11, 2011

Trip to Idaho in August

IDAHO
AUGUST 2011

My sisters, Megan, who lives in New York, and Lesli, who lives in Texas,
came to Utah and Idaho for a 2 week vacation.
By far, it was the highlight of my summer.
Both of them are pregnant!!
I only see them a couple times each year...... so to be with them for 
almost 2 weeks, was awesome, to say the least.

This trip will be broken up into a variety of parts.  
There was so much to do and so many pictures taken. (Thanks to Meg)!

Wednesday, August 17th:
Meg and Les flew in to the Salt Lake Airport at like midnight!  
Worst flight time ever, but typical of Megan!
So Brooke and I went to pick them up.  It was so cute to see their little tummies.
We didn't get home until around 1:30 am, didn't get to bed until even later!

Thursday, August 18th:
I had to work Thursday morning, so I put Meg and Les in charge of my girls.
Megan got some sort of crazy stress knot in her neck, and really put a kink in the morning (no pun intended)! Ha Ha!
She really was in a lot of pain.  
She actually came in for a dental check-up, and looked like she was in a lot of pain.  Poor thing.
We met Brooke and had some lunch.
The girls all went home to take naps, while I finished at work.
I went home and we headed up to Idaho.
I forgot to upload the picture, but you can check out Meg or Les' blog with the picture
of Megan and her homemade neck brace and heat pad.  Awesome.

Les taking care of the girls.

Reese being happy!  Have I ever mentioned I love her!  

Friday, August 19th:
So we made it to Idaho.  It is always nice to be home.  
What is it about home?  Comfort, I guess.
You know you're always welcome!
Cam was coming up this day, along with Brooke's family!  
My parents had to go to my Dad's class reunion in Burley.
They left Friday evening and would return Saturday night.
We decided to start at Porter's Craft store.
Meg and Les had a whole list of things to do/make while in Idaho.
Not just a little list, but a massive list.
So we went to my mom's office first and did ultrasounds on the babies.
Both happy and healthy.
We then went to Porter's, stressed about quilts and sheets, picked up Fong's for lunch
and met Dad back at the house.
Later that evening, everyone got to the house!

Reese sneezing!

Sager.

Aunt Meg and Sage.  My girls love seeing their Aunts who "live far away."

Playing in the sandbox.
I will never have a sandbox.  They are so messy.  
I'm glad it's at Grandma's.

Me and my baby.

My parents grew the best garden this year. 
My dad took some raspberry bushes from my grandparents house.
Awwww, the memories.  I'm so glad they have them at their house now.
We ate lots of fresh veggies from the garden that week.
Les peeling peas for dinner on Sunday.

Picking raspberries.

Saturday, August 20th:
The Rush Triathlon.  A post of it's own.
That afternoon we just hung out.  Took it easy!

Sunday, August 21st:
Cam and the Rasmussen Family were going home.
We had a BBQ before they left.
I love family BBQ's.
We said goodbye, then went to visit my grandparents.

Creamy peas, carrots, and potatoes from the garden.

Grandkid picture on the swingset.

Cam and Reese.

Like Father, like son.

Mom and Dad.  The best people. EVER.

Pure Awsomeness.

Family BBQing.

I love this picture of my Dad and Luke.

Me and Les.

No comments: